Turn off Email Notifications for reservation requests and messages

Turn off Email Notifications for reservation requests and messages

Every time I get an AirBnB message or reservation request.  I receive BOTH a push notification on the app, and an email.

There is no checkbox under the email notification prferences to stop getting emails every time I get a message or reservation request.

Some people have mentioned that you can uncheck the message and reservation update box in the "push notification settings" box.  This is true, but that only stops the app from sending me notifications, it does not stop the emails that I get every single time that anyone sends me a message or reservation request.

Please.  Does anyone know how to turn off email notifications for messages and reservation requests.  It is maddening  

Here are my settings just in case

AirBnB settings.jpg

All email boxes unchecked.  STILL getting emails for every message and every reservation request.

7 Replies 7

I am on the same page! It is very annoying to recieve at least 3 emails for one booking. Did you ever figure out how to turn off the email notifications?

NOPE!  I don't know why this isn't fixed yet.  Seems like such a simple request, and we can't be the only people annoyed by it.

Bump!

Just got this response from AirBnB

"Thank you for contacting the Airbnb Experts Community. I am Calvin and I will be more than happy to help you!

I regret, but it is not possible at the current version of Airbnb platform.

What I would recommend to you in this situation, if you don't want to be bothered by emails is to use (create) a separate email address for Airbnb.

I hope it helped, if not please get back to me.

Best,
Calvin
SuperHost and a community expert on Airbnb"

Wow, what a crappy setup...

Wow this is terrible! I also hate it ! 

I agree, it is annoying! There should be better ways to control how you get notifications. I did end up setting up a separate email address for airbnb, because I was getting so many emails with inquiries and reservation requests, in addition to notifications from the app and a text. Sheesh!

Simon144
Level 3
San Diego, CA

Well 6 years later and it looks like they never fixed this? I get literally 40 emails a day on average.  Anyone figure out a solution?  I guess create a rule and delete anything from Airbnb but then I have missed valuable emails from support too.  I am not able to  turn off account notifications.