Unable to respond to Review

Natalie62
Level 2
Homestead, FL

Unable to respond to Review

I am very disappointed in this "new" Airbnb. The one that no longer cares about their hosts. I have been with Airbnb for 9 years, and a Superhost with over 2500 reviews. A kid booked my Poolhouse, to have a small party with only 25 of his closest friends (18 yr olds) after booking for 2 people, when my description states..No Parties!! When he could not sneak a party here he started being rude on the phone, and never saw the house. He did not show up for the reservation that night. He has since been kicked off the Airbnb platform by them, yet he was able to leave a terrible review 1 star for everything including cleanliness. I can not respond because he doesn't have an account.   Airbnb refuses to remove this review. How is that right???? I guess there is no loyalty anymore.

4 Replies 4
Amy-and-Brian0
Level 10
Orlando, FL

@Natalie62 - like every other issue with Air lately, keep calling back and submitting trouble tickets until you get a case manager that is responsive.

Not being able to AT LEAST respond to a review is junk and probably a bug. If they can't fix it, you should be able to demand they remove it.

Regardless, given your other reviews, one bad one will probably not dissuade others from booking. 

I agree.  You should not worry   

Nina75
Level 10
LA, CA

Thats happened to me several times... Where I couldnt leave a review after a bad guest.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Natalie62 A friend of mine who also has an Airbnb, is experienced at vetting guests, and gets sane, adult, respectful guests, lives next door to a big house with off-site host that gets large groups of party animals. One group, that had been hooting and hollering drunkenly in the pool until 3AM complete with blasting music, had been asked by her, her husband, and other neighbors to please keep it down- that they had rented a home in a residential neighborhood, not rented a nightclub. One of the guest's response to this was -"It's an Airbnb rental!" As if this was synonymous with PARTEEEE HOUSE!

I don't really understand how this shift in mentality came about, but it appears to be quite prevalent now. The Gen-Xers, who refused to take advice on child rearing from their parents or grandparents, preferring instead to get their advice from new-age books and online blogs ("oh, Mom, that's such old-school thinking"), seemed to have produced quite a lot of entitled, arrogant brats.