Unable to sync with Booking.com

Sarah1689
Level 2
York, United Kingdom

Unable to sync with Booking.com

I have just noticed following a double booking that the calendar sync with booking.com has failed.  I have reported as a bug but doesn't anyone else hae the same problem and updated from Airbnb on when this will be fixed?

17 Replies 17
Alex1354
Level 2
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka

I already replied to another tread and decide to copy here as well
No doubts you heard about the channel managers - that the job they are doing pretty well.

I found quite reasonable for me, called Effective Tours . For $5 per month I'm in full sync for my 4 apartments with Booking and Expedia.

i cant even sync my calendar from air bnb! really dont know how to do it as my screen does not show prices and availability for some reason

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Vanessa1632,

I just looked at your listings, and they are very nice.  I have a few recommendations:

1. Include pictures of the bathrooms.  I've learned from my traveling experiences not to book a place without seeing the bathroom.
  2. The unit that you call a lodge should be classified as an "entire space" instead of a "private room", because it has its own kitchen and bathroom. 
  3. Provide picture of the eating area in the lodge unit.
  4. Show a photo of the TV in the lodge unit.  Folks usually watch something during their stay.
  5. Update the amenities list for the lodge unit.  The private room offers a hair dryer, essentials, shampoo, they are marked through for the lodge unit.
  6. Are lodge unit guests also entitled to a daily complimentary continental breakfast?  This may be sticking point for some guests, because they would pay more than twice the price of a private room for a little more space and the kitchen, but still have to cook their own breakfast.
  7. Marketing tip: you may want to offer guests a discount at your coffee shop.

I recently made a post with details about linking and syncing calendars that may be helpful to you:  https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Technical-issue-allowing-double-bookings/m-p/1613302#M36...

Also, many host would recommend that new hosts don't accept instant bookings and long-term rentals until they have gotten some reservations under their belts, and learned how Airbnb works (e.g. they don't actually take a security deposit, and Air Cover is a true insurance that will reimburse hosts for damages).