'Unavailable for requests'

Louise231
Level 10
Manchester, United Kingdom

'Unavailable for requests'

Any ideas why this is showing on my calender-

111.png

Normally when i block off dates it just puts the diagonal line through and shows any notes i've put like this-

222.png

But i've not had the big black line with 'Unavailable for requests' before.

The first picture is for August, so it's ages away, the second is in July which is also a while off, (Both are for weekends that are blocked) anyone know why they'd be different?

13 Replies 13

@Louise231

It isnt anything to do with your settings, is it? 

If you have set a minimum number of days notice, or minimum number of days between bookings ..and such like..the system then makes such dates "unavailable for requests" 

Louise231
Level 10

@Mike340Nope, It's quite far away and it doesn't have any bookings around it.

Also I don't set any time limits between bookings, and while I do have a 2 day min on the weekends that also applies to the other date(again is a weekend) and doesn't have the big thick black line

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Louise231

You haven't done anything dopey like cancelled a reservation??

Cheers....Rob

Louise231
Level 10

@Robin4Nope, the dates have never been open for someone to get a chance to book.

It's a Bank Holiday Weekend that weekend so i left them blocked in case i want to make plans. If i stay in manchester it's a very busy weekend (it's our Gay Pride Weekend) so i could just open them and i know they would book.

So i wanted to give myself time just in case i wanted to do something.

Unless Airbnb is aware it's a busier weekend and trying to be a bit more forceful for me to open them up?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Louise231  I will see if I can get an answer for you Lousie....I still have a few of contacts from my CS days. There have been issues with the booking window opening up dates for some time now.

OMG  insignificant comments bring amazing things back to life Louise! We were in London on the bank holiday and it p*ssed down raining so we abandoned our allotted cruise on the Thames and went to Bath for the day. 

The day before my eldest daughter came 'out' to us Louise. We had just done a tour of the Lords cricket ground and thought we would have a pint or two in the Lords Tavern.

I told Sarah that good friends of ours, Mary and Paul had split up after 30 years of marriage and Mary had a relationship with another woman. Sarah looked at me hesitatingly and said 'Dad I could be gay' .... I just gave her a big hug and said...'So' and she burst into tears! She thought I would judge her, but that was furthest from my mind. She is my daughter and I would give my heart for her, not judge her!

She now has a relationship that would be the envy of anyone, she and her partner are supremely happy, and i don't give a sh*t about the orientation of that relationship....it is one that makes a lot of people happy....and isn't that the object in life!

Cheers.....Rob

Louise231
Level 10

@Robin4Thanks Robin, any info would be good to know!!

I'm glad to hear your daughter is so happy, it speaks volumes for you that she's happy to come 'out' it shows you have a great relationship!

Louise231
Level 10

@Robin4i should add i'm happy for them to stay blocked for the time being, i've not decided what i'm doing that weekend yet. I'm just confused why the wording has appeared.

Barry-and-Lera0
Level 10
Sarasota, FL

@Louise231: I generally see this when I have dates that are blocked by me outside of our 6 month booking window. Once those blocked dates get inside the 6 month booking window that prompt tends to disappear.

Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Louise231,

If  you have a 3 month booking window then it's like @Barry-and-Lera0 say. I have a 6 month window and have manually blocked all dates from the start of September to the end of November. It's now the 8th of May and dates starting from the week that contains the 8th of November up to the end of December have that black line and say "Unavailable for requests". September and October dates don't have it as they're within the 6 month window and dates from January on don't have it as I haven't manually blocked them.

Steve.

How do you manually block your calender for unavailable.

Hello Diana,

To block a date or dates so they are unavailable for booking go to your calendar and click on the date you want to block. A window will then appear on the right with start and end date boxes. to block one date make the start and end date the same and then click on "Blocked" and on "Save". To make several consecutive dates unavailable enter the start and end dates and clikc on "Blocked" and "Save".

Remember that when a date is marked as unavailable no one can check in on that date but they can book previous dates and check out on the blocked date.

Steve.

Suzanne302
Level 10
Wilmington, NC

@Louise This exact thing happened to me when I put notes on certain dates in the future that were still blocked. I think it must be a glitch that happens when you put in a note, if the date isn't available for booking yet due to your settings. ie, I book 3 months out and I was putting notes on dates beyond that.

Cielia0
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

This might have something to do with it? Sounds like a glitch either way...

https://myallocator.cloudbeds.com/hc/en-us/articles/219162347-Airbnb-blocks-off-random-dates-in-my-c...