Wanted to share some good news~

Wanted to share some good news~

Hello fellow hosts~! I just wanted to share the good news that with the recent change to the criteria Henry and I were able to get super host status~! 

Henry is over the moon - he's the one that does most of the heavy lifting so he's more thrilled than I am. I totally get it 🙂 

(Finally!!! Recognition for Henry's hard work doing all the cleaning and laundry ~~~~ All I do is talk.) 

Althought we've never met in person I feel like I have a strong personal connection with so many hosts here. So naturally you were the first people I wanted to share my good news with, and I want to extend a personal thank you to everyone for the support, advice, interesting banter, various perspectives and laughs that you all shared with me during my 2 years as a host. 

@Lizzie @Quincy @Sarah @Rachel@Cathie@Branka & Silvia @Huma @Paul @Lawrene @Rebecca @John @Ute 

And all the hosts I wasn't able to tag...... tagging people on a new post.......this is harder than I thought. omg~

KakaoTalk_20190112_011342030.jpgKakaoTalk_20190112_010805645.jpg

Since winter is our low season Henry and I will be leaving to go on a much deserved vacation soon....somewhere warm and sunny to avoid the cold Korean winter so I may not be around the CC as often as I usually am for the next week or two. Henry says I'm totally obssessed with the CC and that we should forget about hosting all together during our vacation, except to check for inquiries/booking requests twice a day 🙂 We'll see how it goes~

Cheers to you all~! I'll let you know when I'm back~~~ 

- Jess

37 Replies 37
Paul1255
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jessica-and-Henry0 very well done and very well deserved!!! A positive change by Airbnb having a positive effect is great to see and hear 🙂

John1080
Level 10
Westcliffe, CO

@Jessica-and-Henry0, that's fantastic! High time that change was made to allow hosts like you with long term guests to be able to achieve Superhost status! 

Susan17
Level 10
Dublin, Ireland

@Jessica-and-Henry0

Jessica, as you know, I'm not a fan of the whole Superhost thing, but I am genuinely delighted to hear you and Henry have finally got the recognition you so richly deserve! Enjoy your holiday and take Henry's advice - the CC will still be here when you get back 😉

Rachel0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Jessica-and-Henry0 I'm  so pleased as I know it means a lot to you.   You deserve a medal for all the helpful advice you have given on this CC! Have a great holiday.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This is really fantastic to hear @Jessica-and-Henry0, I'm so pleased for your both. You work so hard and your experience really shows with the great advice you give here in the CC. 

Thank you for sharing this and congratulations. Enjoy your well deserved trip. 

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Jessica-and-Henry0. Go and enjoy your well deserved holiday! There is nothing better for hosting, than guesting..... Your advise is great, but it can wait......

Have fun somewhere in the warmer sun and enjoy being a guest somewhere! Congratulations on your superhost status for your LTRs.

Enjoy the holiday and between you both, you will find the balance to decide if LTR or STR is 2019. You may do both and you may limit the days of operation. Just keep the balance kiddo!

🙂

Cathie

Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Jessica-and-Henry0 Congrats! Definitely well deserved. I'm glad that they modified the program so that you're elligable: it really does make more sense this way.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jessica-and-Henry0  Congratulations! At least one change Airbnb made is having a positive effect. 

Have a wonderful well-deserved vacation. 

( I definitely spend way too much time on this forum, it's my guilty pleasure)

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Jessica-and-Henry0

finally Airbnb has made a smart move :)))) Happy for you, enjoy the sun and the beach and send us a postcard 😉

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

This is great news, @Jessica-and-Henry0! I mean the vacation, of course, but superhost, too 🙂

Clara116
Level 10
Pensacola, FL

@Jessica-and-Henry0 Congrats! So glad you finally got this much deserved superhosts badge. And glad you shared with us here as we are a community. Jess, so nice you give Henry so much credit and so glad you two are on the community here! 

Enjoy your time of rest and have great fun.

till you are back online with us all.

blessings, Clara

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Jessica-and-Henry0

There is not one of us here who did not regard you as Superhosts Jess.....but it is nice to see the badge there alongside your names.

Tell Henry to take up golf, Oscar Wilde the playwright once said of golf....."Golf is a good walk spoilt"!!

A day on the golf course will temper Henry's enthusiasim for just about anything and bring him down to earth again where your hosting is concerned!

Congratulation Jess, you deserve it, I don't think it is going to change your life but you might be able to put that $100 US travel credit you have received towards coming down here and spending a few days in the warmth and sunshine of Mt Barker.......here is our current forecast!

Current forecast.png

A few days of this and you will feel totally at easy with your northern winter and understand why guests have no respect for electricity bills!

Good on you Jess....all the best possum!

Cheers.....Rob

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Jessica-and-Henry0

congratulations. I think You've deserved it.

Avril26
Level 2
Helensburgh, United Kingdom

@Jessica-and-Henry0

Wow.  Amazing. Many congratulations.