Didn’t accept a request in time - computer issue

Amanda817
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Didn’t accept a request in time - computer issue

Hi - how do I accept a reservation after the time period has expired as Airbnb block the period so they cannot rebook? I’m new at this..

amanda

7 Replies 7
Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Amanda817

Amanda, what you do is phone Airbnb on the Sydney number 02 8520 3333 and explain what has happened and they may release you from this penalty.

In the meantime you will still have contact with the inquiring guest through the Airbnb message stream. Send an apology message with an explanation and ask them to hold off making other arrangements! If Airbnb release you from penalty and open up your calendar you can send the guest a special offer which will make you and everyone else look good!

Cheers.....Rob

Amanda817
Level 2
Victoria, Australia

Thank you - I have apologized profusely and asked her to rebook but it won’t let me accept her, comes up “error wrong format “ I will try and contact Airbnb tomorrow 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Robin4 Don't you think it is weird that @Amanda817's calender is blocked just because a request run out of time? It shouldn't block the dates because of that. I think I have seen a couple of new threads the last 24 hours or so from people that says something like "error wrong format" as Amanda mentions. There might be a glitch in the system?

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra856

Now the protocol used to be Sandra, if you failed to respond to a reservation request the hosts calendar would be blocked but, the host could go into the calendar section and unblock it.!

What was happening, the program would assume that the required dates were unavailable and block the calendar....and thanks so much for bringing that up Sandra I should have thought about that.....geeez I getting dumb in my old age!!!

@Amanda817, go into your calendar and try unblocking the dates yourself. It used to work, and I am not aware that this has changed. 

You can't unblock dates if you cancel a reservation but you can if you simply don't respond.....Give it a try Amanda and let us know how you get on!

Thanks Sandra, you are a gem!

Cheers.....Rob

@Robin4 Haha..There is SO much to remember and often several answers to a question 🙂 I just remembered that I noticed those glitch threads and wanted to mention them. 

Best, Sandra

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Sandra856 I don't think they are related....'Error wrong format' covers a lot of situations that fall outside programmed parameters. 

I worked in support for almost a year and came across a lot of these blocked calendar situations. 

The way the platform runs is changing so fast that I am hesitant about giving positive information now but, I did deal with that question of opening blocked calendars in support on a daily basis. I am just a bit annoyed I did not jump on that straight away as you did Sandra....just goes to show, 'women are the thinkers, men are the stinkers'!! 

Cheers......Rob

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

@Robin4 The links I'm talking about https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/The-app/m-p/915613#M192102 and this one (there might be more than those)

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Error-the-data-couldn-t-be-read-because-it-s-not-the-correc...

@Amanda817 Maybe write to the guest and then call airbnb?