Warning - There is a problem with Instant Booking and the search function

Helen213
Level 10
New York, NY

Warning - There is a problem with Instant Booking and the search function

I am caught up in an instant booking bug! I have instant booking on but if someone uses it as a filter in search, my listing does not show.  My bookings for december were only 3 and I normally aerage 10 a month.   This caused me to see where I fell in the search list for my area and how I discovered the issue.  I have no idea how long this has been occurring, but based on my bookings, at least a few weeks.  I am very worried about paying my bills come January.

I reported this to airbnb on 12/27, and promised a 24 hr response which never happenned.  On the 28th, I was told to be patient. And yesterday, the 30th,  I was told "too bad you need to wait until after the holidays to get this fixed".  I love how we are in an 24/7 customer service industry but AirBnB Tech dept is not. (Said sarcastically!)

Not  one agent said if this was a system wide issue to me  but I woke up today and thought to inform my fellow hosts so they could check their listings too.  If anyone has any idea how to fix this or more information, it is appreciated.  I have already tried turning off the settng and then turning it back on again.

3 Replies 3
Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Helen213 its been around for a while, in the post below is a cure that works for some.

If you type "Instant book not working" into the search box(top right), lots of posts come up.

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Hosting/Instant-booking-hosting-error/m-p/881783

Helen213
Level 10
New York, NY

UpDate:  My issue is still not resolved and the case manager closed my file.  He said since it was reported to Tech, I just needed to be patient.  It was a completely Bull **bleep** letter and it infuriated me. Once again, Airbnb shows it could care less about the single listing hosts.

Use Twitter to bring up your concern. Airbnb answers fast in twitter, maybe because its open for everyone to see. I tweet them multiple times if I have concerns and they usually answer an hour or so after.