Weekend Pricing

Paul1958
Level 2
Dublin, IE

Weekend Pricing

Hello Hosts,

I'm looking for a solution to stop one guest from reserving my two bed bedroom listing at weekends (unless the guests wants to pay for the bedroom) while keeping a pricing strategy based on one or two guests during the week days (Monday to Thursday). Thank you.

4 Replies 4
Jim472
Level 10
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

I'm pretty sure it can't be done. There's no "minimum number of guests" option, that's been discussed for years.

I assume you're looking for an answer for your property that you charge for an extra guest. Unfortunately with that option even if you were to use weekend pricing it would be included.

Maybe it's time to look back at your history and see how many single guest stays you have. Perhaps you can add the extra guest fee into the base price and remove extra. See how your bookings go for awhile and change it back if you have to.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

@Paul1958it can't be done. I would suggest setting a price for 2 guests regardless if just one or 2 guests use the bedroom, that's what most hosts do.

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Paul1958 

yes to the above but you can always also add set rules, eg. 

-no check in, check out Saturday and Sunday 

-increase the minimum nights on Fridays, Saturday and Sunday 

combined this should prevent only weekend bookings but as mentioned above increasing the minimum number of guests is not possible- or at least very, very hidden in the system! 

Good luck to you! 
Happy new year! 
Yadira 🙂

Amanda660
Level 10
Auchenblae, United Kingdom

I hear you,  I’ve been thinking about this a lot recently.  

We can accommodate up to 8 guests - priced for 2 then £25 per guest thereafter.  My heart sinks when a guest books a summer weekend for 2 folks or prime holidays.  Our guests vary wide in  group numbers so I really just have to suck it up at present. 😞