Weekly Repeat Guest - Keep Leaving Reviews?

Steven140
Level 2
Philadelphia, PA

Weekly Repeat Guest - Keep Leaving Reviews?

I've had a guest who stays at my place about one night a week for work. I've left a review each time, but after a while it starts to seem redundant. In particular, she doesn't really stay anywhere else on AirBnB, so for her profile all you see are reviews from me saying she's a great guest. At some point, do you just stop leaving reviews? It seems redundant and almost weird seeing the same host say the guest is recommended over and over.

8 Replies 8
Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

It works to your benefit in the ratings system. The more 5 stars you have the better you will look and it will outweigh the one or two 4 and 3 star reviews should you get them. You can always delay writing the review on your end to space it out between other people who stay at your place. Ive had the same guy stay at my place on several occassions and he always writes a review and his 5 star reviews make up for the one person who left me a 4 star.

That makes sense. I guess if there's a good way to say great guest without repeating all the same stuff over and over that I've already written. I figure not leaving a review would also take your review rate down and I think that's used for the super host rating.

@Steven140  We have a person who works for United Airlines that stays with us often.  Instead of writing a paragraph each time detailing things like cleanliness and friendly personality I just write, "Another great stay by [Guest].  We will continue to welcome him back."  Short and to the point.

That makes sense. 

Great advice, thanks for sharing.

Hi yes I agree I do that simple repeat message a couple of times then stop doing it, otherwise it just looks odd on your review screen if there aren't differnet people interspersed just looks like you got your friend to keep reviewing you 😄

David126
Level 10
Como, CO

I agree it is a slight pain but in the rankings you both look good, in your review you can say they are a regular visitor hence all the duplicates.

David
Jim299
Level 1
Foxborough, MA

In any business I would say that optimal compliment is a repeat customer.  Flaunt it if you got it!

Build a following, a fan base if you will.