What are AirBnB Refund Policies about MOSQUITOES?

Nikita6
Level 4
Venice, Italy

What are AirBnB Refund Policies about MOSQUITOES?

222.png

Can anyone point me to the document which AirBnB uses to decide what is a valid claim for guests to recieve their money back.

I had a guest stay with us and get 2 bites on their arm, they woke up and left without warning and later asked for a refund of the night they did not stay.

Note... We provide: repellent, window nets, and even a bed canopy which can be used for protection against mosquites too, but the guests may choose to open the windows/nets.

I sent AirBnB support a message asking if we should issue a refund... (I know bed bugs are refundedable) but mosquitoes?
and the answer was mixed, at first they sided with me, but in the end gave a refund to the guest.

The information was not consistent, so I am curious where I can find if mosquito bites really do qualify for a refund?

15 Replies 15
Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

Welcome to Thailand I always say to people, 

There are certain things we do to prevent them,

We have pest control every month and they spray for mozzies inside and out, especially the plants and bushes, That cuts a lot out.

A/C in the bedrooms also works it's to cold for them.

One thing mozzies dont like is moving air so if you have a couple of fans around the place does the trick.

Another thing that seems to help is Lemongrass it grows wild here but we also have a spray or candles and the oil.

We have a tennis racket zapper which we charge up turn it on and go after them kills them dead, 

Also I didn't know this my husband told me, for those host who have a Ozone machine put it on the mozzies dont like it, it kills them.