What's it like being a host?

Steph5
Level 1
Boston, MA

What's it like being a host?

Hello hosts! I'm gathering research on the Airbnb host experience and would love your opinion in this 4 minute survey. If you are looking for a quick distraction, I'd really appreciate your thoughts 🙂 Thanks to you all for allowing travelers like me to have once in a lifetime experiences.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpwKtOMoOIWtK96Mo7IQ7JGS_5T3upP98jCylQQDTHF956Nw/viewform

4 Replies 4
Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Steph5,

Welcome to the Community Center. My name is Lizzie and I am the Online Community Manager here.

Can I check what you are gathering research for? It would be great if you could provide more information on this.

Thanks,

Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Hi Lizzie,

Thanks for responding with your question! I would be happy to provide more information 🙂

I am a user experience designer, so a big part of my role is researching existing platforms and the people who use it. I'm specifically interested the motivations of hosts (and guests) and their willingness to engage with the platform. I do apologize for the vague introduction to the survey, but a big part of my job is to ensure that I'm asking open questions without influencing the answers. That's why, as the first commenter pointed out, I don't specifically ask 'what's it like being a host?'. But I'd love to hear that in the open section at the bottom of the survey!

In terms of the actual project I'm working on, the most I can say at this time is I'm redesigning a web application with a community dynamic similar to Airbnb. I'm mostly interested in how the booking experience is. That's why I'm interested in hearing from participants. I also have been circulating a survey for guests, but that obviously wasn't as relevant in this Discussion!

I don't wish to be spammy, so if this message doesn't sit right in the tone of the Discussion, I'd be happy to take it down. I appreciate you all taking the time to engage with my questions!

Best,

Steph

Kika1
Level 8
Kloten, Switzerland

ahem, there is not one question in there about what it is like to be an airbnb host. 

Sorry about the misdirection, Kika!

You're right, most of the questions are about the booking experience for hosts. But I really would like to hear anything you have to say about being a host in the open answer question at the bottom. Anything you're willing to share would help me in my quest for knowledge!