What should I do with my leftovers?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What should I do with my leftovers?

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 12.52.53.png

Hello everyone,

If you love cooking, you'll be clued up on some fantastic dishes. Some are even tastier if eaten the next day or comprised of leftovers.

In fact, some traditional dishes were born from the need to reuse the leftovers! I'm a big fan of bubble and squeak with the leftovers from a roast. 

How do you use those holiday meals leftovers? 

We are curious to know recipes from all over the world!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

25 Replies 25
Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

Turkey curry! Or feed them to the kids for breakfast.

No leftover Christmas pud here as a certain Labrador took care of that without permission.

No ill effects thank goodness.aviary-image-1576856329132.jpeg

Una meraviglia e un bravo "ladro".............lo sguardo un pò triste potrebbe voler dire che ha capito?? Come mi piace quando gli ospiti portano i loro cani!!!!!!!!!!!

Maria Rossella

@Maria-Rossella0 google translated

Lei ha capito bene!
Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Brandon always had himself a mini Christmas dinner @Mike-And-Helen0 !

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

@Stephanie  & @Mike-And-Helen0 

Still eating... still eating..... still eating....... Fridge is a cluttered chaos of stacked foodstuffs!

keep inviting the family over for more leftovers.

1.  But bubble and squeak is always useful and yum! 

2. Toasted sandwiches from roast potatoes, ham and cranberry sauce.

3.  Make a satay dish out of the leftover pork and last but never least:

4.  Pea and ham soup... when we get nearer the bone! 

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Cathie19 @Stephanie we still have turkey soup in the freezer from last Christmas...

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Mike-And-Helen0 @Stephanie @Cathie19 @Maria-Rossella0  I love to cook up comfort food for the holidays. I am not a big fan of turkey, however I roasted one last Thanksgiving and it’s still in the freezer. 

I throw leftover meat in a blender along with veggies, mashed potatoes (rice or polenta), gravy and give it a twirl. Adding water, broth or milk to make it juicy.  My kittens Romeo and Juliet can’t thank me enough when I serve them these hearty and nutritious meal. A great way to Make your own pet food. You can pack small portions and freeze individually.

This Christmas they had gnocchi with meat sauce - but only a little bit, since there were no leftovers. 

I keep my food processor on my kitchen counter to chop easy mini meals for my kittens.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Giuliana142 photos of the famous couple please!

C6371BFC-C730-45B6-996C-F6EDA883C0DF.jpeg

@Giuliana142 so gorgeous!

Helen427
Level 10
Auckland, New Zealand

@Stephanie @Mike-And-Helen0 @Giuliana142 @Maria-Rossella0 @Cathie19 
A very cheeky friend ate the leftovers I was to be given from their Christmas lunch so I'm glad they went to a good home!

One of our local Cafe's that I recommend to guests to visit when they stay from time to time have leftover food they put out for people passing by.

I got very lucky as by chance I was going past at the end of the day & got some savoury, cheese, date scones, blueberry muffins,  passionfruit & lemon icing small cakes!
I gave some away and have frozen some for a rainy day.

Scones are great sliced in 3 and toasted for breakfast.

Mike-And-Helen0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Helen427 thanks for the tip, we have a few scones for toasting.

When it's summertime and fresh berries are in abundance it's nice to scatter them on top of them @Mike-And-Helen0 .

For a decadent treat add a dollop of fresh whipped cream!

Most of all make sure there's a good smattering of New Zealand butter and don't leave them in the car with Zara the Jack Russell, especially if they are Savoury scones or they will be gone by the time you say Jack Rabbit 🙂

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

There are some very delicious suggestions here @Helen427, @Mike-And-Helen0, @Giuliana142, @Maria-Rossella0, @Cathie19 . I made a turkey soup out of my leftovers, although, I have to confess there wasn't that much left this year! eep! I'll put it down to better portion control rather than my stomach getting larger (which it definitely has!).

Cathie, I love the idea of sandwiches made from leftover roast potatoes–what an idea!! 🙂

I hope you all have had a great week. 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.