What should I do with my leftovers?

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

What should I do with my leftovers?

Screenshot 2019-12-18 at 12.52.53.png

Hello everyone,

If you love cooking, you'll be clued up on some fantastic dishes. Some are even tastier if eaten the next day or comprised of leftovers.

In fact, some traditional dishes were born from the need to reuse the leftovers! I'm a big fan of bubble and squeak with the leftovers from a roast. 

How do you use those holiday meals leftovers? 

We are curious to know recipes from all over the world!

Stephanie

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines 

25 Replies 25

@Lizzie , today I used some ham and left over pork and finely chopped them. They became part of a special fried rice in the wok, along with the normal ingredients for our lunch.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Yum @Cathie19. This sounds a little more adventurous than my ham sandwiches which I've been using the spare ham for. I just love the honey glaze on it–such a treat! hehe 

We had some amazing parsnips from the garden this year, they were bigger than my head, which I always say is a good metric for gauging whether it's a good crop! 🙂 

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Lizzie @Stephanie @Mike-And-Helen0 @Helen427 @Maria-Rossella0  Soup is a definite must. Easy to make and delish. I add my garden herbs and veggies to the pot: sage, rosemary, parsley and thyme, onions, carrots and celery. I let it cook covered for an hour on low. In the mean time I prepare the dumplings for the soup. In a small bowl whip 1 tbsp of butter, 1 egg and about a cup of cream of wheat. Let sit for 10 min. Dough should be soft so you can spoon dumplings into soup. Cook them about 3 min and serve. 

EB338F94-B50A-4F6C-87B8-44D237C3910F.png

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Ooo that looks very yummy. I never think to make dumplings @Giuliana142. Do you cook the dumplings before putting them in the soup or does the heat of the soup cook them?

--------------------

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.

Once the soup is cooked, you strain a few ladles in a smaller pot and bring to a light simmer. Take 2 tea spoons and start shaping dumplings, then drop them in the small pot. They will sink to the bottom, when they float up to the surface - they’re ready to scoop out.

mmmmmmm.... delicious.......

i will post a video someday 🙂

@Giuliana 142Wow!!!!!

Maria Rossella
Giuliana142
Level 10
Toronto, Canada

@Stephanie @Helen427 @Lizzie @Maria-Rossella0 @Cathie19 @Robin4 Hi everyone... here’s my first YouTube video. Hope you enjoy it. More to come. 🙂

Happy new year and hang on to those leftovers 😄

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Wow, this is amazing. What a great idea, @Giuliana142. I've just embedded your video directly in your post so others can watch it directly from this thread. 🙂 

Have you made other cooking videos like this before? 

--------------------

Thanks @Lizzie , for posting this so others can share. I was wondering how to reach family and friends and decided to learn how to create and post a video. It was a challenge, but a good one. It’s my first YouTube video. I will start posting more recipes there. 2020 is going to be a tasty, healthy and practical beginning.

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

This sounds right up my street @Giuliana142 🙂

--------------------

Stephanie
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

@Giuliana142 

This is amazing, thanks for sharing!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines