When we are not there we want to rent the entire home and when we are, just a room....

Scott-and-Diana0
Level 2
Panama, Panama

When we are not there we want to rent the entire home and when we are, just a room....

Given that there appears to be no way to ask Airbnb, although they refer to chat, phone and email support, it doesn't seem to exist or it is so well hidden that I have not found it, I wonder how I can do this.  I'm guessing I should just do two listings, one for the home and one for the room and adjust the calendar accordingly.  Any ideas?  Anyone know how to get any support from Airbnb?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Scott-and-Diana0 ,

Yes, you have to create two listings and synchronize the calenders. Instead of contacting Airbnb maybe read the HELP on the website ?:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289/how-do-i-list-multiple-rooms

Airbnb can be contacted in several ways, it also clearly stated on the website:

Airbnb Help: contact

Or read this:

Contact Airbnb - A Community Help Guide [UPDATED]

Hope this helps, Emiel

I'm not trying to list multiple rooms nor did that answer relate to my issue.

yes, I did try "HELP" on the website a number of times. 

I tried "contact" as I have many times before and it sends me to my host for a recent reservation but this is not a question for my "host" this is a question for AirBnb.

From there I tried "my host can't answer" but that just resulted in endless minutes basically going in circles and finally gave up.

I tried the community help guide as well.  Spent endless minutes basically going in circles and finally gave up.

Let me note that I used to do interfaces for HP and even have 3 patents in that regard.

IF, big IF, their objective is to quickly answer clients questions then this design is a failure.

IF, like it probably is, designed to minimize the time AirBnb spends resolving problems, and thus maximize profit, then it is a success.

In any case, I give up trying to get an answer to this or any other question or contacting Airbnb. 

I will do the two listings thing and see how that works.

Thanks anyway