Who were your wrong clients attracted by " the smart prices "?

Olga464
Level 10
Kyiv, Ukraine

Who were your wrong clients attracted by " the smart prices "?

Would be great to hear concrete examples. Thank you.

17 Replies 17
Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Where are you @Olga464 ? We all miss you, come back :))) 

@Branka-and-Silvia0 a lot of work now,  guys, a bit later.)

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Olga464@Branka-and-Silvia0

Hi Olga!

I have to admit l missed your original take on different Airbnb issues!

Glad to have you back here with us 😄

My wrong guests have too be those who just couldn't be bothered or of whatever reason they have NOT READ MY LISTING DESCRIPTION. 

And then they complain and rate me down on value and amenities. 

Seriously how hard can it be to make sure to properly read a listing description and make sure it's a good fit for you???

@Susie111

I don't understand it either... I mean, when I am shopping for a T-shirt I read the label - is it 100% cotton or it has poly in it? What size is it? How much does it cost?  I even try it! - imagine 🙂 and it costs just a few $

First year of hosting I forgott to adjust New Year eve prices so it was booked at regular price by the group of young French guests. I got 4 for value 😄 Ever since I charge 3x more and get 5*

@Branka-and-Silvia0

I totally agree!

When l whinge to my sister about this her response is "people just don't have the time apparently - and who does read now days anyway...

According to her people are "visual"

Okey that's fine but some guests can not even be bothered to read my photos caption where l have pretty much all the important information on as well.

Anyway I finished my whining now 😉

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Susie111 

People are visual, apparently, but maybe some of them should get their eyesight checked?

On my listings is this photo:

IMG_4239.JPG

The caption (I have changed all my captions to quotes from guest reviews) reads: "Her kitties were adorable, and were the cherry on top of a great stay."

Of course, the cats are also mentioned several times on my listing, in my house rules, in my intial messages to guests (I ask them to confirm that they have understood about the cats), but I still get guests who book and are then surprised that I have cats. Go figure.

Susie111
Level 10
Tasmania, Australia

@Huma0So CUTE.

Love your beautiful picture of your cat.

I sometimes just don't understand how guests thinks....

I guess that's the main reason I'm here on CC to learn how to 

do this hosting thing 😉

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Susie111 

Yes I think I would be lost if I didn't use the CC. I am sure I have avoided some disasters by learning from more experienced hosts!

Yadira22
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Huma0 she is a cutie- would literately stay at yours just for her ❤️

Huma0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Thanks @Yadira22! Actually, some guests do come and stay especially for that cats. Well, some of them choose my listing over another because of them anyway.

@Susie111 I moved even further. I put tables with camera, police, handcuffs signs on each floor, but also table with links to a great guide book. 

My house is of BDSM style now right from the entrance door on the ground floor.

And of course I added telephones of all emergency lines for those who are getting too satisfied with this life on their vacations.

Once I was staying near the house and heard that one tenant said : "I am affraid to enter this house"

))))

Then I understood I am moving on my right way to a discipline. 

Basically, my strategy is to threaten people right from the street. And then, when they enter and get aquainted, they understand that there are normal and very desciplined people living inside. So, tenants relax.

Method of carrot and stick.

Don't forget, adrenaline jumps make clients to come back in any industry.

I can imagine as I am living on the 5th floor, the whole life is flashing before guests eyes while their are stepping up the stairs thinking "Have I booked in police department or what"?

But we have no choice as we are fully booked almost around the year and we are the most central, so, a lot of idiots are walking on the street. Including war region and big unlegal traffic of everything throught the country, it makes it even harder.

P.S. Funny thing is, when some guests are ordering prostitutes ( to other apartments, not mine, yes, it happens), when a prostitute comes up to the entrance door and walks inside the hall she straightens her back and starts to behave as a girl from the Institute of Noble Maidens inside our house.

Or other funny case. A policemen rented apartment to spend the night with a girl. My neighbour  ( the owner of that apartment) comes next morning and says: "All wardrobes near the ceiling line were covered with pillows. They thought we have cameras everywhere. You will scare off all of our clients with your info tables))))"

So, moral pressure is the best. We are good at this as we are the land of wars, spies and economy jumps.

Top management who wanna save on biz trips are dealing fine with it as they are used to discipline. Working in a big company is like serving in the army.

@Olga464

Thanks for sharing 😄

I just have too ask you about the sex worker?

Sorry it's not in your home l got that now!!

I read it properly now.

@Olga464

hahahaha 😄 I can't stop laughing  😄  you go girl!

...aaa it's too good to be true 😄

@Branka-and-Silvia0 I was thinking of buying a police shirt. To meet guests in that uniform while they are  entering the house, signing the short term rent etc. And then I can change my clothes. I think, police shirt can attract all the attention away from any possible imperfections of any apartment in a moment.