Why my listing does not appear?

Afs0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Why my listing does not appear?

Hi, 

After the last booking almost a month ago, i did not have any booking. I checked the set up and nothing had changed. I had a request yesterday, and the person almost immidiately cancelled saying that my listing might be available for dates she wanted to book. I am a bit confused as (1) when I check myself no matter how much I zoom in, I cant see the booking, (2) how come a guest can see the booking initially and then it shows it is not available. 

Many thanks, 

2 Replies 2
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Afs0,

Your listing does show up. I searched for accommodation in a private room in London for the 20th to the 21st of August.

I had instant book off while searching as yours is not an instant book listing.

Airbnb is really pushing instant book these days and sometimes sets the default search to be for instant book listings.

I'm not sure which dates you used in your search. One thing to note is that you must search for a range of dates that's at least equal to your minimum night stay during that period. As your listing is not instant book you must search with instant book off

I'm a bit puzzled when you say "the person almost immidiately cancelled saying that my listing might be available for dates she wanted to book". She cancelled beacuse the listing might be avaialble? If she sent a reservation request and you accepted it then the reservation was confirmed. If she then did another search for dates that included or overlapped with the dates of the first reservation then your listing would not show up.

Perhaps also she did another search but instant book was turned on this time. Then your listing wouldn't show up either.

Steve.

Screenshot (141).png

Afs0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Thank you for your response. I tried the search a few times and I couldnt find the listing. If it shows, that's great.

The push for instant booking doesnt make sense. I was recommended by airbnb people to turn it off as the accomodation is for female guests only and despite that fact that it is very clearly stated, guests do ignore it, book the accomodotaion and then complain to airbnb that they have been asked to cancel. 

I am very unhappy about this procedure. 

Thank you