calendar synching problem

calendar synching problem

I am in Melbourne, Australia and all of a sudden my Booking.com calendar is not recognised in Airbnb.

When I go to refresh, it states Booking.com but nothing actually appears in the claendar itself.

Then I tried to import again and it doesn't work.

I am getting double bookings that aren't my fault!

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Karla

16 Replies 16
Stephen479
Level 3
กทม, Thailand

I have this problem with Booking.com being unable to snyc with both TripAdvisor and AirBnb. I made contact with Booking.com and after a few frustrating exercises in sending them screen shots, they finally admitted they had a problem - this was 3 days ago. Still not fixed. The funny thing is now - AirbNb won't even allow me to select right click paste in their import calendar section on this brand new Windows 10 PC. But if I try right click paste on my older PC running Windows 8,  it's fine. TripAdvisor I can right click paste on both machines. I did as AirbNb suggested - remove the Booking.com calendar altogether but now it won't any type of link to be pasted into the import calendar section.  No matter what content I copy, I can't right click and paste into AirbNb Import.
I am beginning to wonder what's really going on - the bulk of my bookings are on AirbNb. Does anyone have a definitive fix to this problem? 

And is there an AirbNb email for support? I cannot find any direct link to Airbnb for technical assistance. Help please! 

Alex1354
Level 2
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka

Why don't you try to use channel manager for that ? That's the job they are really good at. 

I believe you can afford a $5 spending per month for that. I'm 3 years with Effective Tours and they really worth that.