changeover dates

Zrinka-and-Tanja0
Level 1
Zagreb, Croatia

changeover dates

Hi!

I wanted to ask where did changeover dates in Airbnbn calendar disappear? A year ago there was a little checkbox for changeoverdates..

The existing graphics of the calendar suggests that the apartment is blocked the whole last day when a guest leaves the apartment, but actually, a new guest could arrive that same day.. but guests usually book from the next (free) day on..

Thx!

8 Replies 8
Charles--Nick--Ros-And-C0
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I have exactly the same problem - ie that "changeover dates" are blocked out at each end of the booking.  This is absurd: no other booking site does that.  It means that you potentially lose two bookings for every one that you make.  The added problem is that if you sync the Airbnb calendar to another calendar which normally shows the changeover date as availble, it blocks it out in that calendar also.

How does one get Airbnb to respond to this?

Has there been any resolution to this issue? Does anyone have any suggestions to work around the problem?

Michiel4
Level 1
Utrecht, Netherlands

same problem here!

We need our changeover days!

grt,

Michiel

Marise7
Level 1
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Why is it impossible to get information from AirBnB on this issue! It leads to a lot of frustration on all sides. 

Is there a support email address? 

Just had to turn a booking down as the dates they wanted included a changeover day at the end, as you are unable to show those days without blocking the entire day off, therefore making it unbookable for a departure that morning.

This is totally stupid. I have to manipulate the booked dates, this will eventually I'm sure lead to double booking someone! I have emailed & called them about this without any luck.

I had to try to explain to the guest why I couldn't take their booking, maybe if she complains then they will do something. I am totally tired of their attitude on this. I have been holiday letting long before AirBnb was even conceived, I just wish they would listen to those who know the industry better than they do!! They've obviously never done it themselves or they would change this.

Sarah1987
Level 1
Spalding, United Kingdom

HOW DO I SET MY CALENDER TO BOOK ONLY FRIDAY & MONDAY CHANGEOVERDAYS, PLEASE!

AS I WANT TO OFFER ;

MONDAY- FRIDAY

FRIDAY-MONDAY,

MONDAY-MONDAY

FRIDAY- FRIDAY, BOOKINGS ONLY!

Angela996
Level 1
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Not sure about this but if you go into settings and edit and then preparation time drop down box it gives some options.

try inserting ‘none ‘ . I think then the change over dates might not get completely blocked out for that day - so old guest leaves , placed cleaned and new guest later that day.

im not an expert but I have spent hours on the website to get my cottage bookings right.

hope this helps.

Angela uk 

Angela996
Level 1
Harrogate, United Kingdom

Sorry this was my response to the 1st few queries in this thread about blocked change over dates