discrimination

Iain24
Level 1
Minneapolis, MN

discrimination

I have filed multiple complaints and sent emails about Discrimination by a AIRBNB SUPERHOST CALL SERVICE PERSON only to be ignored.NO ONE WILL RETURN my calls.  It has been since December and still nothing. I received on email saying it was being investigated but when I resond it bounces back.I have gotten my listing totally screwed with an manipulated with as retaliation by AIRBNB.. I have multiple copies of varied confirmations and cancelations as they continue to put me as instant book although I never have been. I am rarely getting bookings and usually drug dealing homeless people. booking literally while standing outside my home or with less than an hour. I have always had a strict cancelation policy and a minimum 24 hour notice and then changed it to 48 hours. My proprty is a share and since I am also battling cancer, I am concerned about my sfaety with the drug dealers stealing my medication.Ever since I file a complaint of being discrimanted against AIRBNB I am literally targetted. My neighbors have been so scared they have called the police. I had on craxzy woman scare me so much I was forced to cancel for my safety and then she contacted my work and work a review(she never stayed or spoke with me) and said I canceled as a meanns of discrimination. She was a new client with no info no background, under 24 hours, no positive feedback. Thank you AIRBNB 

2 Replies 2
Ann72
Level 10
New York, NY

@Iain24 You have an amazing listing and wonderful reviews.  I'm going to be honest, I did not expect that from this post, which is somewhat breathless.  I do believe every word of it, but can't quite sort it out.  Okay, first things first:

* Really, really sorry you're battling cancer.  That's terrible.

* Have you reported the profile of the offending guest?

I'm not completely clear on what you've asked Airbnb to do.  Are you asking them to remove the offending review?  To ban the guest?  To reinstate your SuperHost status?  To get you more bookings or to put your place higher up in the rankings?  Can a lawyer help with any of this?

While you are trying to get help on those things, I would suggest you reach out to Airbnb via Twitter (@airbnbhelp) and request that they confirm your settings:  48-hour advance notice, NO instant bookings, and any other important settings.  Keep this request separate from the other thing, if possible.  If they come back to you and say yes, confirmed, you will have a message thread with them in case the settings go awry again.

Finally, if I were a prospective guest, I would dismiss Asia's review.  It's lost in a sea of incredibly warm, laudatory reviews.  So don't stress that part of all this.  And maybe raise your price for awhile to weed out the riff-raff?  I would just make it $60 a night for a month and see what happens.

The same thing happened to me. Do you know where to file the complaint against Airbnb discrimination and retaliation of their NAZI unfair practices?
I have filed multiple complaints and sent emails about Discrimination by a AIRBNB SERVICE employees and was completely ignored. NO ONE WILL RETURN my calls. Airbnb does run one sided judgment. It has been since November and nothing was happened until now they closed my account PERMANENTLY, because of my complaints. Airbnb advances vandals, thieves and violators of the rules and unleash them to provide negative fit back to lower my rating. I received one email saying it was being investigated, but it never was. They knew what they were doing and just silently stretched time. I complained to BBB. Same thing happened they were stating that they look into that and stretched time doing nothing. But at the same time they were thinking how to terminate my listings. I have gotten my listing totally screwed and manipulated with as retaliation by AIRBNB, and finally they sent me the email that they closed my listing permanently. I have multiple copies of varied confirmations and cancellations. Every guest that brought damages onto me was getting what they wanted and Airbnb did victimized me in addition. Ever since I file a complaint of being discriminated against AIRBNB I am literally targeted.