dog cause damage

Vincent245
Level 2
The Hague, The Netherlands

dog cause damage

hello all,

anybody experience, i host a lot, and have had many dogs in house, last tenants dog caused damage to walls and doors and floor.. i went to resultion center and was informed this was normal wear an tear. As none of the many dogs who stayed in my house i have a hard time taking this seriously..please let me know your experiences with damage compensation

2 Replies 2
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Vincent245 I see that you charge extra $25 USD per night for a dog  so if you have not had damage by a dog all these years, you have been lucky to accumulate funds to deal with the damage by a unexpected furry guest.  Like human guests, most guests do not cause problems but as hosts we need to anticipate that they might and build it into our rate.  There is a difference between accidents and malicious or negligent behavior causing the damage.  In this case, did the people guests violate your house rules?  If not, can this terrible experience become a learning opportunity in which you develop rules about pets or decide not to allow dogs?  Many of us learn from negative experiences to adjust our listing rules.  Pretty sure if you have already received an Air BNB determination, there is not much you can do.  Of course, there is an appeal process per the Terms.

Vincent245
Level 2
The Hague, The Netherlands

havent been charging for long time, wanted to invest in doggie stuff.. not many people like to have dogs on island but i do as long as they behave. stuff can happens but when it happens i expect airbnb to address it in a possitive maner...i have had dogs in my live but non were ever allowed to go up agains a door or a walll...i was just surprised by normal wear and tear so its not so much about adjusting listing i guess i do want dogs but as airbnb makes money on me having owners with dogs i would feel happy if they hold dog owners responisble for act of there dogs.