guests recommended by previous AirBnB hosts

Mary1325
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

guests recommended by previous AirBnB hosts

I am a single female. I host on AirBnB and provide a bedroom and bathroom for my guests. The kitchen and lounge are shared space.

AirBnB offered the opportunity to restrict booking to guests who had previous recommendations from other AirBnB hosts to book with me. I gladly took up the option. Now, it seems that this is not the case. My most recent booking is a first-time booking.

I received no notice from AirBnB that this would happen, and I can't find the option to re-instate the restriction. I am not comfortable with this unwanted change. Where is the option to restrict bookings online? 

5 Replies 5
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

hello @Mary1325

Sounds like a technical glitch.

Call Airbnb and if you are uncomfortable with this guest ask them to cancel the booking and check your restriction is in place on your listing.

Alon1
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Mary, what you describe isn't familiar to me. To the best of my knowledge and understanding, the opportunity to limit bookings to Guests with Reviews is dependent on INSTANT BOOK. 

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Mary1325, this would apply to Instant Book only. You have two options here - turn off Instant Book altogether, or leave it enabled and restrict it to guests who only have previous good recommendations. Anyone else has to send you a booking request and it is then up to you whether you wish to accept them. 

To check your settings, go into your listing, click on 'Booking settings', then click 'Edit' next to 'How guests can book'. Here you can check your guest requirements for Instant Book and edit it if required.

Mary1325
Level 1
New South Wales, Australia

Hi Kath, Thanks for your response. I do use Instant Book; and I did manage to navigate my way into Listings/Booking Settings, and found that the restriction to guests with previous good recommendations was switched on. So, the situation hasn't changed.

Can I contact AirBnB only by phone? It would be much easier to sort this out online.

Cheers,

Mary

Robin4
Level 10
Mount Barker, Australia

@Mary1325

Hi Mary, you will need to contact Airbnb and have them sort this out.

The Sydney number is 02 8520 3333. It is probable that you get a support person in Manila but their English is good and they will be sypathetic to your situation.

Good luck with this and all the best for this new year.

Cheers......Rob