United Kingdom

how to price a long term reservation?

I have an enquiry for a 4 month booking, not sure how to price

2 Replies 2
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi Sarah,

I would take your nightly rates and add up the entire month.  Then you could decide what kind of discount you want to offer.  I have my long term rate set at 18% but it seems like the people have already requested it from you.

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Nuno-Y-Daniel0
Level 9
Porto, Portugal

Hi Sarah, That's not much common specially cause the daily price rates are quite high for the guest. Most of the times i get this kind of offer as a spam, or not a trustfull client. Is not a bad idea to check the guest profile, checking for comments or past bookings. Skipping this safe measure, you should try to calculate how much you were expecting in that period. In my listing case, Porto downtown, for the next 4 months, not just the price goes down around 50% but the number of bookings as well. So should be expecting to earn moreless 1 best month of the year. Plus this, you should as well withdraw the expenses you are probably have less if it's for long term. Last but not least, taxes in Portugal are quite different for short stays comparing to long stays. Take this in consideration if it applies to you!