listing

Natalie368
Level 1
Bride, Isle of Man

listing

I'm a newbie to Airb&b and found it very unclear that you had to add each bedroom as a new listing. because of this I've now rented out 2 rooms for the price of 1. really disappointing 😞 

10 Replies 10
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Natalie368 I think a lot of us made mistakes that cost us money at the beginning of our hosting journeys.

If it's a short booking, maybe just treat it as a learning experience.

Was it an instant booking? If so, I would consider giving Airbnb a call and asking them to waive the cancellation penalties, if you want to cancel.

If you want to contact Airbnb, I like contacting them on Twitter @airbnbhelp. You  can also call them at +44 28 9808 7917.

Natalie368
Level 1
Bride, Isle of Man

thanks Alexandra I'm just treating it as a learning curve. just had to have a little rant too tho lol 🙂 

@Natalie368 I hear you!

I had a reservation at the beginning where I completely miscalculated a special offer. It sucked! Never like to lose money.

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Natalie368  I only have a single listing but have seen this issue happen for many new hosts with multiple rooms.  I don't know the multiple listing process, but I wonder if anyone has a suggestion for the  Air BNB team for how to help new hosts recognize when they need to have multiple listings.  Any ideas @Alexandra316?

@Linda108Perhaps there could be a help note that pops up as soon as the host chooses Private Room as the accomodation type, that says something like:

"Do you have more than one private room that you will be hosting?

If you have more than one room available and you want potential guests to be able to book them seperately, you will need to set them up as seperate listings," with a link to a help guide on how to link calendars, etc.

It does seem to be a common error. I saw someone yesterday who was letting an entire guest house with 16+ beds for $13 CAD per night.

Tracy276
Level 2
Culver, IN

Hi all - new to hosting (but not ner to Air b and b).  ALmost done with setting up the listing - still need to add some photos but have done the descripitpn, amaneities, rules, etc.  Now I want to go back and edit something in the narrative that you see at the beginning and for the life of me cannot figure out how to do that.  I can edit everything else but not that - I am going crazy and have clicked on every sing edit/preview/change button but cannot get to that initial narrative - help!  

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

I do not see a listing attached to your profile, @Tracy276.  Are you a co-host?  If so, the issue might be in the administrative authority granted to the co-host.  

Hi - I am in the process of being a host - I am the only one who has an account and we are trying to list an apartment we just had built above our garage.  I have gone through the entire process and done the description and filled out all the info re: bedrooms, access, rental info, photos etc. I am just trying to tweak a few things in the basic narrative and cannot see an option for that - it is is super clear for everything else but not that. Have not posted or finalized yet as I need to do that change first.  

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Tracy276  There are some issues you can not change until after you list the listing once you have put them in and a few options not available until after you list.  

Tracy276
Level 2
Culver, IN

Thanks - just realized I needed to upload photos first - then was able to change.  I am set - thanks!