non responding guest about me entering the premises

Catherine103
Level 2
Honolulu, HI

non responding guest about me entering the premises

A guest is currently staying in my studio and since she is there for two weeks, I always offer to change the linen by end of week one. I usually send a message asking if they are ok with me entering to make the bed for them or if they'd rather I just drop off the linen at the front door. I also texted her but am still not getting an answer. what should I do? Enter anyways? Not drop anything? last time I didn'r hear back from the guest about what she wanted, and I didn't want to invade her privacy and just dropped the linen off, she ended up leaving me a bad review that she had to make her own bed!

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Catherine103 Do you communicate in advance - either in your listing or thorugh messaging - that you change the linen? If so, I would enter the unit.

If not, I probably wouldn't, especially as they aren't answering you. At most, I would leave the clean linens with a note explaining.

thank you Alexandra. unfortunately I didn't mention it this time, although I usually do 😞

@Catherine103That's unfortunate, but at least you tried! I would hope that the guest won't fault you. 

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

I would leave a note at the door, to confirm on airbnb message, if she wants to keep the sheets or wants you to change them. 

As said above, mention the option before arrival.

Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

I usually make the agreement on check in, we decide on the day, and if they want me to clean when they are out or in. Usually they say out, I tell them to let me know when they are heading out on that day and I get in and do the job. 100% success so far (ten years).