private guest feedback to airbnb

Carol-Lee1
Level 9
Montevallo, AL

private guest feedback to airbnb

There is a private feedback for my last guest that I can't see what the issues are.  Apparently its a private message only to AB&B.  All I got was that there were issues with the description of my rental.  I have a very detailed description and a lot of photos so I can't imagine what they found wrong with my description.  The only thing I can think of is they got lost on the way because their GPS directed them to the wrong house.  How can I see what they told AB&B in private so I can fix it?

4 Replies 4
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Carol-Lee1. Airbnb will not reveal what the guest told them, but you can ask the guest to tell you what they said.  You can start the question with "I am constantly trying to improve my guest experience and I note that you felt there was something lacking in my listing description.  Would you kindly share with me what can be improved?"

A non-confrontational question like this will generally get the guest to answer in a positive way. 

Hope this helps!

When you review your guests, you remember how there are 3 kinds of messages?

1. The public review (everyone sees this)

2. The private message (only the guest sees this, not the public at large)

3. The confidential message to AirBnB (the guest does NOT see this)

When the guest reviews you, there are equivalent messages.

You are familiar with the public review, and sometimes will receive a private message to you.

The message that AirBnB is referring to in this case is the 3rd type: the confidential message to AirBnB that the guest did NOT want to share with you.

This is why you can't see it: it was not intended for you to see.

It would be a betrayal of confidence for AirBnB to share the contents of the message with you.

The advice the other host gave about asking the guest directly in a non-confrontational way is great advice.

I agree, but not all guests will respond. One guest said I did not tell the truth about noise. I asked for clarification but she didn't respond.

Another guest told Airbnb that my kitchen was dirty. She cited the freezer and the sink. Only she left dirty dishes in the sink, the stainless steel was stained by something that matched the pattern of something she left there, and the only thing in the freezer besides two sealed packages of cheese and lunch meat (put there for my personal use) are ice cube bins. It's literally scrubbed sparkling white otherwise.

What I'm learning is that some people can't be satisfied. A recent guest complained I didn't have tissues so I uploaded photos (that Airbnb could monitor in our communication) of the three bedrooms and the very large box of tissues next to each bed. She replied 'Wow, you are well equipped."

See the point? If your overall ratings are bad - then I think Airbnb will act on the trend. But I thnk we're all learning that some people are just born to complain and will find things to complain about if nothing exists.

I wish Airbnb had ways to mediate a dispute.  What I do now is the moment someone complains, I upload a picture to our chat so that there can be no dispute about the quality or the cleanliness I provided.

Kim317
Level 1
Baltimore, MD

Thanks. I had a guest that said they had trouble checking in, but I don't know what the trouble was and they never contacted me. *sign*