"Airbnb will start to change the fabric of cities"

Keith0
Level 9
Calgary, Canada

"Airbnb will start to change the fabric of cities"

Another hotel industry person understands Airbnb better, perhaps, than we understand ourselvesWhy Big Hotel Brands Need to Act More Like Airbnb

Read this article. It is not Airbnb promo material. It is the words of our competition.
Think about how it applies to your Airbnb.
Make sure you are offering "the direct connectivity to the local community that so many travelers want," "localized contextualism and the search and quest for authenticity," "accessible localized experience."
This guy understands our value offering, our competitive advantage and as he says. "the hotel companies have been so scared about the onset of Airbnb."
Do you understand this? Is your Airbnb an immersion point into an authentic local experience?  If all you offer is a hand drawn map with directions to the closest pizza joint, then you do not get it. You are not offering your guests all they can get and you will not optimize your income.

1 Reply 1

***TEST NOTE*** REPLYING IN A THREAD IS MUCH EASIER WHEN THE PREVIOUS IS ON TOP NOT BELOW

Keith,

I must admit I found myself drawn into the article as well as the part about making sure guests have authentic local experiences.  However I was a bit lost at your statement regarding optimising income.  Is the focus of Airbnb humanitarian, more commonly known as help my fellow man?  Or is it profit before all others?

All kidding aside, the influence of disruptive technology has yet to be realised.  It is early doors.

TEST TEXT TEST TEXT