"Is your guest count accurate?" Feature Request

Answered!
Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

"Is your guest count accurate?" Feature Request

Show of hands from hosts: how often is a one-person request really for one person??

Would it help you to avoid needless back and forth for ABB to include a check box with something like:

Your request/reservation is for TWO GUESTS. Is that correct??

Or how about give hosts the ability to adjust pricing BEFORE the reservation is confirmed? bc right now, I can ACCEPT or I can DECLINE, but I can't get the request to be accurate.

1 Best Answer
Mark116
Level 10
Jersey City, NJ

@Kelly149  She wants to have 7 guests but pay for 2, because it will be 'staggered' and not all 5 of them will be staying overnight at the same time.  Ha.  Also, no notice of your check-in time.  But, true to the times we live in, becomes irate that her plans to break all your rules is not acceptable to you.  Apparently, anything goes as long as it's 'family'.  Ugh.

View Best Answer in original post

66 Replies 66

@Kelly149  No kidding. It really isn't that hard. A bit of reading, some polite, informative communication. Imagine that.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

And true to my regular recommendations to all of you, after this latest guest I went in and raised my rates. For this much hassle there’s going to be a cost increase. 

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

sad face... today's guest is SPEECHLESS that she isn't being accepted for her stay even though it took me a day and a half and 4 messages to get her to confirm that she wants to arrive after midnight (listing says 4-9p arrivals) and well, of course it would have been no big deal to have over the rest of their local family during their 2 person reservation bc they're always nothing but respectful, but she'll give up that crazy idea bc certainly her family would not be ok with me knowing their names. ayeyaye. this is me over here dodging bullets left and right

@Kelly149 wow.  I think you are getting my guests..... recently mine have been ok, but that is probably because we are putting our place on the market. 

@Laura2592 glad your world is normal!!!

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Kelly149,

Since you're now Wonder Woman with bracelets that deflect bullets, you need to use your lasso to make guests tell the whole truth in their first contact with you.

@Debra300 ahhh... if there was a special button that could make abb guests forthcoming and truthful... that right there is a magic potion!!