replying to a review

Cody-And-Nara0
Level 1
Parkville, Australia

replying to a review

Hi, I've just read the rules and apparently you can only comment on a guest's review for you within 14 days of them writting that review.  I wasn't aware of that and now cannot comment on the bad review they left us with. Is there no other option?

Thanks everyone!

7 Replies 7
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Cody-And-Nara0 Sorry you've missed the deadline.  Also note that the window for responding is within 14 days of check out, not the date the guest left your review.  Airbnb won't add a response from you unfortunately.  

Eileen4
Level 10
Champlain, Canada

I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes responding to a bad review is worse. If you have lots of good reviews, it will look like the outlier. 

Judy29
Level 9
Brant, Canada

My last guests have damaged my kitchen and think they did nothing wrong.  They have left mud all over the living/dining room broadloom and blame it on the fact they have a three year old.  There is food on all the walls and ceramic backsplash in the kitchen and dining room.  Just lack of care all around.  Do I give this guest a bad review.  They also have an Airbnb listing (and priced the same per night as my weekly rate).  Does a bad review stop slobs from being disrespectful for the next accommodation they stay at.  My sincerest apology for the Hosts who get these people starting tomorrow.  (these people rent their home high and live in cheaper accommodations...dont ever have to be responsible for anything...this is their job????).

@Judy29. Well, I guess the answer to your question might be whether you would have liked to be forewarned about this guest prior to accepting a reservation from them.  If this guest ever came my way, I would very much appreciate an honest, objective review from you.  This is what the review system is for; weeding out the bad guests (and, for that matter, hosts as well).

Jp8
Level 3
San Diego, CA

We now have 30 days to respond to a review from the date it was written

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/32/can-i-remove-or-respond-to-a-review-i-disagree-with 

If you’d like to respond to a review with additional information, to provide your own perspective of a situation, or to address feedback given, you can leave a response within 30 days of when the review was written

Yes and no @Jp8 , "Yes", what you say is true-  if you can prove the review is false, malicious and/ or doesnt actually offer or contain information that is of legitimate interest or use to future guests but probably "No" -if you didnt document and report to the mother-ship  your guests malfeasance and breaking of your house rules (or Airbnbs rules).  Iv'e done it and won it (I also got to leave a fair and perfectly directed review in her record) but I started the process 3 hours after the guest arrived not 15 days after they left.  I wish you great luck in your attempts to get it removed but it may just be one of those ouch moments that will always remind you top do a fair and accurate review  ASAP and report problems even quicker, stay well Jp, JR

@Melodie-And-John0  ??? @Jp8 didn't say anything about wanting to get a review removed- he/she said we have 30 days to respond to a review.