resolution centre fees

Massimiliano3
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

resolution centre fees

Hi, are there any fees associated with funds requested to guests through the resolution centre for additional services? Cheers

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Massimiliano3,

Thank you for asking your question as it helped me learned something new today.  I thought that Airbnb still charged a percentage to the host and the guest for "requesting payment for additional services".  Lo and behold, to make sure I was right, I sent a quick DM on Twitter to @Airbnbhelp to see if this was the case.  The response I received back was somewhat shocking, not because I was wrong, but because I thought Airbnb would charge a percentage no mateer what since they are a business.  Anyway, this is the response I received from them: "We do not charge a fee on resolution center cases" @Airbnbhelp

I am still looking into this as sometimes CX has been wrong.

Cheers

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Hi Dave, thanks for your answer. In fact my resolution case was accepted by my guest and I can confirm that in the expected payout Airbnb didn't deduct any fees. 🙂

Perfect @Massimiliano3!  I will stop bothering @Airbnbhelp on this as I was not taking their initial response as being 100%.  

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

Actually, there has never been any kind of airbnb fee deducted when I use the Resolution Center to collect extra fees. Often I have people booked who invite others to stay with them and I collect the fees for those extra people using the Resolution Center. I am afraid that this is becoming a kind of "loop hole" which savy travelers are noticing......Book for 2 people, pay the booking fee, and then advise the host that more people will be staying and pay no booking fee percentages for those extra people.