send an offer

Jodi75
Level 1
Charlotte, NC

send an offer

I am looking for a way to send a previous guest an offer.  I currently have the three nights blocked.  Afraid to open because I want it to only be available for this previous guest.

6 Replies 6
Donna519
Level 4
Bali, Indonesia

Hi Jodi,

If it is a previous guest, then you must have his email address or simply can contact him via previous messaging on the Airbnb platform.

Ideally would be for both of you to be on line at the same time so he can book whilst you release the calendar.

The other is that you remove your "instant book" and release the space - that way you can select who is taking this space. Nevertheless this second option might make you loose bookings, hence first option is ideal.

I have done it several times, just need synchronisation with guests.

Happy Hosting!

Kath9
Level 10
Albany, Australia

@Jodi75, turn off instant book (if you have it activated) just temporarily so your guest can send a request. Special offers cannot be sent once a guest has booked, so it is important you don't accept the request until you have sent the special offer. Once the request has come through, click on 'Send special offer' and go through the prompts. Once it's all done, turn instant book back on. Simple.

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Jodi75 

Increase the price x20 on the calendar and unblock the dates, ask the guest to send an enquiry and then you can click the special offer button and alter the price to whatever you agreed.

@Kath9  I don't get a special offer option with booking requests, only enquiries.

@Jeff158, that's odd because I'm pretty sure that I can send a special offer with a request - definitely not once a guest has booked, but I've done it a few times with requests. I'll double check this next time a request comes through to be sure and let you know.

@Jeff158  That's what I've done in the past. Jack up the rate to some insane amount so no one would possibly want to book in order to keep the dates open until the guest could send an inquiry/request.

Solveig0
Level 10
Lørslev, Denmark

Yeah, you have to open in order to make an offer, and take the chance! Maybe you can coordinate with the guest about when you open and they can book as quickly as they can? I've been in the same situation and it luckily worked out.