taxes withheld and no W9 filed

Sonya1
Level 1
New York, NY

taxes withheld and no W9 filed

If you failed to file a W9 before 12/31/15, and had taxes withheld in 2015, is it possible to get a 1099K issued for the taxes withheld in 2015--if you complete teh W9 now?  If not, how can you claim those withholdings with the IRS?

2 Replies 2
Sam19
Level 1
Horsham, PA

How do I confirm whether taxes were withheld?  I dont see it?

"If you received a request to submit your taxpayer information and haven't provided it yet, we're required to withhold 28% from your payouts and remit the withholdings to the Internal Revenue Service in Washington, DC. You can avoid this by submitting your taxpayer information."

Denis15
Level 1
Halton Hills, Canada

I am Canadian. I downloaded the cvs file for my accountant for 2015. Airbnb withheld taxes for some and not others. The amount Airbnb withheld was 30%. The amount they charged after the new system was in place was 6%. The area in which my property is rented has an 11% Occupancy Tax. I just received a form to file for a Tourist Development Tax Owner Application.  Why is this neccessary if Airbnb is submitting on my behalf??? Is Airbnb not submitting the full amount owning? How will this service me if I still need to pay more? I'm so confused as to what is still owed to me from the income withheld and the taxes submitted. What a mess!