3rd party booking with no reviews

Answered!
Paul75
Level 3
Reading, United Kingdom

3rd party booking with no reviews

Would you allow someone who is apparently booking on behalf of his employees who has no reviews?

1 Best Answer

@Paul75 

No. 3rd party bookings are against Airbnb's policies and terms of service. Suggest this employer create an Airbnb For Work account if they wish to make reservations for employees. 

About Airbnb For Work

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/927

Booking Trips For Someone Else

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1311

Booking For Friends & Family

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/427

View Best Answer in original post

18 Replies 18
Joelle43
Top Contributor
Cannes, France

Hello @Zheng49 

The reply from CS (since removed) does not surprise me as they make it clear that when you knowingly accept a 3rd Party booking, you basically fall into that no mans land where anything goes in terms of reviews, AirCover.

You were unable to have that review removed because CS saw that you had prior knowledge that the person booking wouldn't be staying so denied your request for the removal of that review.

Two years ago, I asked a CS agent about this very issue and they said that if you know before the arrival of the guest that this is a 3rd party booking, you won't be covered in case of damage so it figures that the same goes for a review and the fact that reviews have to be "relevant" falls by the wayside in this instance.

Pretty sure remember reading somewhere on an official Airbnb link that a 3rd party booking remains at the discretion of the host.  Well OK, but only as long as hosts have all the information on what might happen if things go wrong...

A host or guest who cancels on the day of check-in can also leave a review so again how can this be deemed relevant and yet that review won't get removed either! 

Gisele181
Level 2
Lyon, France

Bonjour,

comme vous le présentez, il semble que ce ne soit pas très, dans ce cas, je refuserais gentiment.

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  

Good morning,

as you present it, it seems that it is not very, in which case I would kindly refuse. 

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Bonjour @Gisele181 

Merci de nous avoir contacté. Je tenais à vous informer que nous avons un Community Center francophone, où vous pourrez retrouver d'autres hôtes parlant votre langue, et qui pourront répondre à vos questions et vous guider. 

Si vous avez d'autres questions ou avez besoin davantage d'aide, n'hésitez pas à nous tenir au courant!

Merci pour votre compréhension, 
Rebecca 
Administratrice du Community Center Anglophone d'Airbnb

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  Hello @Gisele181 

Thank you for contacting us. I wanted to inform you that we have a French-speaking Community Center, where you can find other hosts who speak your language, and who will be able to answer your questions and guide you. 

If you have any further questions or need further assistance, please let us know!

Thank you for understanding, 
Rebecca 
Administrator of the Airbnb English-speaking Community Center

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

M-J0
Level 2
Rochester, NY

No. Airbnb policy is that guests need to book for themselves Unless it is children under 18 (Which I would be cautious about accepting, anyhow, if they are traveling on their own)