Adding Cancellation Policy feature to the rule set tool

Rachel1472
Level 2
Forest, VA

Adding Cancellation Policy feature to the rule set tool

For many of us who have destination rentals we have a prime rental season that we need stricter cancellation policy or we lose a large portion of our revenue.  I do not understand why this cannot be a feature in the rule set so we can be less strict during other times of the year where there is less demand.

4 Replies 4
Joelle43
Level 10
Cannes, France

Hello @Rachel1472 

Totally agree with you! I try and be as flexible as possible but there are certain times of the year where I have to put my listing with a firmer policy to avoid last minute cancellations ie. during the Cannes Film Festival and other big events that occur in our town as the clientele is mostly international and they book months in advance so the chances of rebooking with a 5 day cancellation policy are next to nil.

I wish we had a choice of a 2 week cancellation policy as currently hosts have a choice of 5 days or 30 days with nothing in between.  

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rachel1472 I would love to see this as would I love to see variable max and min pricing for smart pricing by season. Sadly I fear we may be waiting a while!

That would be a great feature.  They customize all this other stuff that doesn’t add any value.

Emilia42
Level 10
Orono, ME

Totally agree. When I worked at a hotel, there were 3 different cancelation policies that were applied throughout the year depending on the season/major event. I believe that is standard in the hospitality industry.