Airbnb Support siding with bad guests taking advantage of Hosts. Now guests could get away with a full refund after they stayed/blocked listing for one week!

Diego1827
Level 1
Miami Beach, FL

Airbnb Support siding with bad guests taking advantage of Hosts. Now guests could get away with a full refund after they stayed/blocked listing for one week!

I am sure most of you have experienced a case or more with the typical Airbnb support siding with guests (who already know about this practice) to force hosts to provide refunds that are unjustified after guests checked in and take over your property for a few hours and after the first night.

Please be aware that Airbnb now will allow the guests to keep the listing blocked, stay at your property for a week, and after 7 nights, will force a full refund for the guests, for unjustified claims right after they checked in, and even after the first case manager cleared you of any wrong doing during the check in date. 

Context: After they tried to get something from the first case manager right after check in, they stayed at the house and did not responded to my request for them to check out earlier. They never replied and kept the reservation. 7 nights later, they accepted a new change request I had sent them, to leave on night earlier. Even then, Airbnb is forcing a full refund after they stayed at my house and kept the listing blocked. 

Please see message thread below ** and make your own conclusions.  

Please drop a like if this has happened to you of if you agree Airbnb always sides with the guest. It's time Airbnb starts protecting their most valuable partners: THE HOSTS!

**[Content removed in line with - Community Center Guidelines]**

1 Reply 1
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Diego1827

I'm sorry to read your experience with this guest. Have you been in touch with Airbnb Support since the first conversation? If not, it would be a great idea to contact the Airbnb Support Team and ask them to look into this for you. 

Please come back and let us know how you get on. 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines