Airbnb party blocker- can hosts please get an override option??

Rachel2413
Level 2
Nashville, TN

Airbnb party blocker- can hosts please get an override option??

Okay so I'm new to airbnb and still figuring it out, but I am not new to renting.

The issue: I had a legitimate guest get blocked for booking two weeks out and we cannot figure out why. I called airbnb to get her unblocked (she had 5 star reviews) and they told me they couldn't fix it- only SHE could get it unblocked by calling them. She then called them and they told her that someone would contact her within 24 hours (which they did not). In the meantime I had other people trying to book those dates.

I opened a case to figure out why her profile with 5 stars and booking several weeks out would hit the party blocker, and I tried to figure out if I could remove the blocker entirely. All I'm getting is the 'it relies on several variables', but nobody can give me specifics. I live on the property and there is no way a party would happen without my knowledge. Plus I don't allow any less than two night reservations to further eliminate that risk.

So here we are 3 days later, and I've finally been given my promised phone call from airbnb, and been told there is nothing I can do on my account to prevent this going forward.  I appreciate the security measure but AIRBNB NEEDS TO PROVIDE A WAY FOR HOSTS TO OVERRIDE WHEN THE BLOCKER GETS OVERZEALOUS! I don't want to lose money because of the blocker. I need every dime I can get right now. And if someone has verified their identity and already has good rapport - i'm not sure we need to discriminate against them farther. If someone seems fishy then I will just deny the request. I don't need a blocker for that.  If anyone has suggestions- please let me know! Or if anyone from Airbnb can provide a real solution to this- that would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Rachel2413 Whilst it is obviously risky to override a security feature you could

1) Change your listing to private room/shared house

2) Have the guest book this 'room'

3) Change the listing back to entire place

This should overide the block IF it is a party block. 

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

I suppose the 'party block' was issued by Airbnb and IF so it may have happened for good multiple reasons. While interesting to know...

Generally speaking,  one thing I try not do is get in the middle of issues between a guest and Airbnb (i.e. guest payment, bans, etc) since I do not have privy to all the facts nor is it my role as one of their hosts.