BLocked dates from a request to book not accepted

Nigel25
Level 1
Dundalk, Ireland

BLocked dates from a request to book not accepted

Hi airbnb are blocking dates on my calender as penalty for not acceoting a request.  Trouble is they are now also blocking dates in my sync'd calender any advice please?

I dont want to remove sync

Nigel

6 Replies 6
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Nigel25 they should only block cancelled nights so I assume you had IB on and then cancelled on someone. To be penaltive (which is what they want) your synched calendars are also blocked - No way around this unless you unsynch the calendar.

Thanks Mike and Jane

Thanks for that

I didn't cancel I just didnt want the reservation.

Its a bit 'off'  to block dates on other sites also.  b.com have the option to export 

booked dates or booked and blocked dates

Nigel

@Nigel25 Don't you have the option to manually unblock dates on the other calendars? You should. Just because you are syncing from AirBnB to other sites doesn't mean that the AirBnB calendar should block your ability to manually open the other site's calendar. 

Thanks Kia

Ive tried but when calendar refreshes every few hours it blocks again.... ill try calling the competition.  The lads working for airbnb dont tend to have great English and it takes about an hour to get my name and property understood.....

Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@Nigel25 I would call Airbnb and ask them why the dates are blocked. Declining a booking request should not do this.

Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hi there @Nigel25

Have you had your calendar unblocked? 

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Rebecca 🌟

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines