Being ignored by Airbnb

Victoria458
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Being ignored by Airbnb

Had a bad stay, raised a case through resolution centre, host didn't respond, escalated to Airbnb and then nothing.

Cannot contact them by phone and every attempt to message Airbnb has been ignored.

Any advice appreciated how I move this forward or do I just have to wait until they decide to do something?

Many thanks

6 Replies 6
Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Victoria458,

Are you saying that you're not able to call Airbnb, or that you've tried calling them, and were not able to reach a customer service rep, possibly due to long wait times?  I have seen other hosts recommend trying to reach Airbnb via social mendia, Facebook, Twitter, etc.

I cannot even locate a UK tel number for them.

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Victoria458,

I just did a Google search of "UK Airbnb customer service phone number", and one of the results was a link with phone numbers for several countries:  https://airbnb.pissedconsumer.com/customer-service.html.

Thank you so much. Took them 40 mins to answer the phone and all they do is escalate your complaint to a case manager and then won't give a time frame for a response.

@Victoria458  This is happening to everyone- hosts and guests alike. Their customer service dept seems to be in total disarray and people are waiting weeks for a response. Be patient, but don't let them forget about you.

@Sarah977 

I am ignored by CS for more than a week now.

A 28 night stay was completed successfully on the 31st March 2022 and I was still not sent a cent.

I have three payout methods on my account.

All three are verified and have been for weeks.

All CS representatives said there is a 'technical glitch' and their IT department (which I doubt even exists) are working to fix it.

Is 46 days not enough time for a multi billion dollar.company to fix a true or imaginary glitch and send my money?..