Cancelation

Answered!
Paul8777
Level 2
Flagstaff, AZ

Cancelation

I accepted a booking 2 months ago and then 24 hours before the guest arrived, Airbnb canceled their booking. The guest had my phone number and frantically texted me as Airbnb would not call them back and their account was locked. I called in to airbnb 6 times in 30 hours being promised a call back each time, but never getting it. Guest ended up having to book a different place on another site. Finally airbnb told me they canceled because an accompanying guest (not the booking person) was banned from  the site for fraud. Apparently, the guest and his friend pressed Airbnb on the lockout today and their accounts were reinstated which tells me Airbnb messed up. I'm now out $1400 and have not been able to rebook with anyone on short notice. This is a big weekend where rents are lucrative so I'm really missing out. Has anyone ever had this happen? Any luck in getting compensated? The person from Airbnb basically told me I was out of luck if I couldn't rebook. Thanks for the help. 

1 Best Answer
Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Paul8777 I have heard this same thing on here once or twice and it strikes me as very odd. Airbnb do not ask for id from those who accompany guests , we as hosts may but Airbnb do not , as far as I know.  If the agent somehow found out the other travellers name it could only be because they sent it to you ,via messaging. I do not think Airbnb would be looking into your messaging  unless some other alert was triggered. If they are doing so then this is a quandry for sure. I suspect there was a lot more going on there . It would be useful to get to the bottom of this and if it is or was Airbnbs mistake then ask for compensation , as others tell me loss of income is covered . .. H

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Paula
Community Manager
Community Manager
Port Moody, Canada

Hello @Paul8777,

I am sorry to hear about this situation. It's been a few days since you posted in our Community, and I wanted to check in and see if you've received any updates from the Airbnb Support Team.

Let us know how things are going!

Paula

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Por favor consulta las Normas de la comunidad

Helen744
Level 10
Victoria, Australia

@Paul8777 I have heard this same thing on here once or twice and it strikes me as very odd. Airbnb do not ask for id from those who accompany guests , we as hosts may but Airbnb do not , as far as I know.  If the agent somehow found out the other travellers name it could only be because they sent it to you ,via messaging. I do not think Airbnb would be looking into your messaging  unless some other alert was triggered. If they are doing so then this is a quandry for sure. I suspect there was a lot more going on there . It would be useful to get to the bottom of this and if it is or was Airbnbs mistake then ask for compensation , as others tell me loss of income is covered . .. H