Cancellation due to severe weather warning

Answered!

Cancellation due to severe weather warning

Hi,

We have a booking starting tomorrow but the area we are travelling to is badly affected by storm Babet and there are serious weather warning for the area discouraging non essential travel . 

Our host has agreed to a full refund due to the unexpected severity of the storm and the governments issue of a RED weather warning.
When I start the refund request, the system does not allow me to continue saying "unable to start a request - the reservation is not applicable to mediation.

Can you help guiding through this process ?

1 Best Answer
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Ines805 🌿

Try and contact Airbnb CS via the reservation. They can help you with the refund from their side and read what you and your host has discussed in the Airbnb message feed. It can take some hours (12+) before you get a reply - but they have been very helpful with different issues I have had via my time as a host and has also helped me refund several times. Airbnb still got your money - the host is not paid until the day after check in. So it is easier for everyone if Airbnb CS handles the refund. 
Best, Sandra

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Ines805 🌿

Try and contact Airbnb CS via the reservation. They can help you with the refund from their side and read what you and your host has discussed in the Airbnb message feed. It can take some hours (12+) before you get a reply - but they have been very helpful with different issues I have had via my time as a host and has also helped me refund several times. Airbnb still got your money - the host is not paid until the day after check in. So it is easier for everyone if Airbnb CS handles the refund. 
Best, Sandra