Cancelling due to issue with place

Mary1142
Level 2
Laguna Beach, CA

Cancelling due to issue with place

Hi, I am looking for some guidance.  Host for 8 years and just had to cancel a guest due to a smell in condo that could not be identified nor fixed without opening the walls.  I had it fixed and have the pictures and receipts.  AirBNB penalized me 50% of the reservation.  Should I be able to get that back with the proof?

Thanks for help,

Mary

3 Replies 3

Hi @Mary1142 

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Since you have proof of the issue and the repairs (pictures and receipts), you should definitely reach out to Airbnb support. Explain what happened, showing that it was out of your control and that you fixed it as soon as possible.

Provide all the documentation you have, including pictures and receipts. Ask them to review your case. If the first response isn't helpful, ask for it to be escalated to a higher-level agent. Persistence and clear communication are key.

You have a strong case with your evidence, so make sure to present it clearly and persistently.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Upfish management

Thanks for the reply.  I did have receipts and photos.  AirBNB made the reverse of the cancelation penalty easy with  that evidence.

Phew!!

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Thanks so much @Mary1142 for coming back to update us! Really glad to hear that it was resolved🌻 

I'll tag @Alicia753 for the Host to notice your reply and thank you note. If you'd like to tag members in your comments, for them to get a notification of your message — simply press on @ in your keyboard, and the name of the person you are trying to reach should pop up 😊 (In this case Alicia) 

I wonder, how do you intend to deal with these situations in future? 👀

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines