Card Charged for a Booking That was Not Processed

Answered!

Card Charged for a Booking That was Not Processed

Today I attempted to make a reservation and immediately received an email that said:

"[Host's Name] is unable to book your stay but we're here to help. You weren't charged for your request. To make sure you still have a great stay in [City Name], we've found other homes you might like."

Unfortunately in reviewing my bank account they did charge my card.  I am very annoyed because I do want to make a reservation for this trip, however I do not want to perpetually throw money at this problem. Do I just have to wait for a refund to process and then purchase the trip, probably at a higher rate for the shorter notice? Should I just try booking again and risk more money?

Furthermore, when I click the help link provided in the email they sent to me it goes nowhere. I cannot find a customer help phone number anywhere on the Air Bnb website, only an option to search for help topics on this forum.  Very uncool.

1 Best Answer
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Keli116  I'm really sorry to hear this. I just wanted to share this link to contact Support directly 👉🏽 here . I hope you're able to get in touch with them and get the help you need to get this resolved. Do let me know how it goes 😊

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Best Answer in original post

1 Reply 1
Sophia
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Keli116  I'm really sorry to hear this. I just wanted to share this link to contact Support directly 👉🏽 here . I hope you're able to get in touch with them and get the help you need to get this resolved. Do let me know how it goes 😊

Best wishes,
Sophia 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines