Check out advice

Check out advice

Hi Guys 

I am a new host at Brussels Belgium, I would like to know how to manually check out a guest , he left but still not shown on the app as checked out 😄?

5 Replies 5
Karen114
Level 10
Bolton, MA

@Khaled161  I don’t believe there is a check out option on the app. At least not in the US. 
My check out is 10:00 and I trust they will check out by then unless the housekeepers tell me otherwise. 

Karen
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Khaled161 if the check out time has passed then just assume he has gone. If not then technically he is still renting until your checkout time. Very occasionally we get an alert that a guest has checked out but very few guests initiate this.

Marie8425
Level 10
Buckeye, AZ

@Khaled161 

Even though the guest left early, you don't do anything.  The app updates automatically at check out time

Hi @Khaled161 

There actually is a place in the App for guests to notify Hosts they have checked out in their Trips Tab, but most guests don't see it or use it. Most Hosts rely on their cameras at the front door to see when a guest checked out, or just assume they have checked out on time. It's sometimes nice to know if they have checked out early so you're cleaners can get a head start. You can always message them and ask if they have checked out if cleaning time is critical for a same day turn around. Some Hosts ask guests to let them know when they checkout in their check-out message sent the day before, but many guests just don't see that or do it. We just assume they have left at check-out time. Just use caution with assuming they have checked out early and don't enter the property prior to check-out time unless you have verified with them through the message system that they have done so, or sent you the notification they have checked out.

Let Host Know You Left

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/3501

If your Host added checkout instructions to the listing, you can find them with your reservation info. Here's how:

1. Tap Trips  and select your reservation
  2. Go to Checking in & out to find the checkout instructions from your Host
  3. Once you’ve checked out, you can select Let your Host know you left

Note: You need to have the Airbnb app downloaded and push notifications enabled to receive a reminder notification with your checkout time and instructions the day before checkout.

Delia6
Level 4
Aptos, CA

@Khaled161 Welcome! You could put a note in your Airbnb description, asking guests to send a quick note to you that they have checked out? I don't think the app alerts you.

Delia