Announcements

Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Contact previous guest by email or phone?

Anna11257
Level 1
Denver, CO

Contact previous guest by email or phone?

Hi there,

Wondering if it's possible to obtain a guest email/phone number after their stay? We had a guest lose a small laptop computer almost a year ago, and low and behold, it was found in our pull-out couch by another guest recently! I'd really like to be able to return it to them, but it's been a couple weeks and they haven't responded to my message in the Airbnb messaging platform and I'm afraid they likely don't have notifications turned on. Is there any way to obtain this information from Airbnb after their stay is over? Or can Airbnb message the guest on my behalf directly and let them know we're trying to return their valuables to them? Thanks to anyone reading this who may have any solutions/ideas!

1 Reply 1
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Anna11257  You could certainly ask Airbnb to call the guest on your behalf, letting them know you found their device and to check their messages, as you have sent them one.

You actually should have a place off-platform where you keep a list of guest's phone numbers and email addresses, if they have given them to you. Write them down as soon as a booking is confirmed. (As more of a pen and paper gal than computer-oriented, I have a little book I use for this)

It can come in handy for all sorts of things. You might want to contact prior guests to let them know about a new listing you have, or renos you've done, or a special promotion you are running.

And most importantly, if there is a tech glitch or Airbnb should suspend your listing for any reason, you will still be able to contact guests with upcoming reservations.