Definitive list of all AirBnb-initiated messages sent to guests

Richard3335
Level 2
Mosman, Australia

Definitive list of all AirBnb-initiated messages sent to guests

Hi all,

I'm a relative AirBnb newbie host, but as an IT guy I find it a difficult to determine just what (and when) AirBnb sends messages to guests of it's own volition. I.e. not scheduled messages that I have defined.

I think its really important to ensure content is not delivered repeatedly or content is overlapped, as it can both annoy and confuse guests. It would also useful to know how AirBnb's messages are constructed. I.e. exactly how the message is derived, be they constructed via templates using multiple snippets of content, and where these snippets come from etc.

I was hoping this sort of information would be available in a single place in the overall platform documentation, but no luck finding it so far. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Richard  

3 Replies 3

@Richard3335 

I agree. Unless you book an Airbnb as a guest yourself, you don't know what messages Airbnb sends to guests. 

I suggest providing feedback to Airbnb that Hosts would like to know what messages are sent to guests and when they are sent.

Thanks @Joan2709. I did just that, here's a copy - somewhat inclusive of my original query and somewhat embellished:

Hi AirBnb Management

I'm a relative AirBnb newbie host, but as an IT guy I find it a difficult to determine just what (and when) AirBnb sends messages to guests of it's own volition. I.e. not scheduled messages that I have defined.

I think its really important to ensure content is neither delivered repeatedly or overlapped across AirBnb and Host-based scheduled messages, as it can both annoy and confuse guests. It would also be useful to know how AirBnb-initiated messages are constructed. I.e. exactly how the message is derived, be they constructed via templates using multiple snippets of content, and where these snippets come from etc.

I was hoping this sort of information would be available in a single place in the overall platform documentation, but no luck finding it so far.

From a Host's perspective, a detailed guide is needed that explains how AirBnb's automated messaging to Guests works. It would be much appreciated if AirBnb could produce such a guide to help us Hosts de-mystify how Guest messaging works, so we can provide the best possible messaging to our Customers.

Eventually, it would also be useful to allow Hosts to override some of AirBnb's Guest messaging with my personal templates. For example, the Arrival Guide says elements of the Checkout Instructions are "Shared at 5pm the evening before checkout". Shared with whom? Why 5pm on that day and not a time of the Hosts choosing? Why can't the Host configure the content of this message? Why isn't this captured in a separate "Departure Guide" - why in the "Arrival Guide" ?

Anyway, just knowing how AirBnb's automated messaging to Guests works would be a great head-start in enabling Hosts to do what they do best 😀

Many thanks,
Richard

Elisa
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Richard3335 😊

Joan is right, this is absolutely the place to share feedback and possible improvements.
You can share your feedback here!

I am curious, how did you come up with the idea?

I hope this helps!

Warm regards🌻,

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines //Merci de jeter un oeil aux Principes du Community Center