Early check in

Answered!

Early check in

My guests check in to house at 5.30am without me knowing.

I had already given them a late check out.  They have already asked for more toilet paper.

should I charge for extra time. 
9.5 hours early and 4 hours late check out.  How do I manage this?

1 Best Answer
Demetrea0
Level 2
Ellicott City, MD

@Louise1221 You might need to just let this one go as a learning experience and put into place rules that cover this situation. I also don't give out the code for the door until a couple of hours before they are to check in. And I have in the house rules that if they stay an hour past check out I will automatically charge them an extra fee.  Unfortunately, you need to be crystal clear on check in and check out time.  I am learning about different situations as I go along. Overall I have enjoyed being a host and have been blessed with good guests. 

View Best Answer in original post

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Louise1221 How did they check in so early without you knowing? What would have happened if your previous guests were still there? You really need a better system for check in that only makes the door code or lock box code live at check in time. I would ignore this guest (except for giving an honest review) but in future either state in your listing the charge for early check in/late check out or offer it complimentary to engender good will.

Fred13
Level 10
Placencia, Belize

@Louise1221 Perhaps use this event to illuminate the fact you do not have enough control over your place. Guests shouldn't be allowed to behave as they please in someone else's place.

Demetrea0
Level 2
Ellicott City, MD

@Louise1221 You might need to just let this one go as a learning experience and put into place rules that cover this situation. I also don't give out the code for the door until a couple of hours before they are to check in. And I have in the house rules that if they stay an hour past check out I will automatically charge them an extra fee.  Unfortunately, you need to be crystal clear on check in and check out time.  I am learning about different situations as I go along. Overall I have enjoyed being a host and have been blessed with good guests.