Winter Release Q&A with Airbnb’s Christy Schrader

Winter Release Q&A session

Electric cars

Answered!
Rusty46
Level 3
Dallas, TX

Electric cars

My guest is staying for three months and when I went by the unit I noticed an extension cord running from the outside outlet to their electric car.  What is the airbnb policy on guests charging their cars and not mentioning that they have an electric car...

Top Answer

Hi @Rebecca , I am not changing anything with this guest.  I will monitor the electric bill over the course of the guest's three month stay and possible adjust my pricing for future stays.

Thank you!

Rusty

View Top Answer in original post

30 Replies 30

And you missed the point @Mike3425  : we have a huge culture about EVs here and yet we never plug into any socket for charging without asking. We don't need to warn anyone because we ask first.

It would apply to anything plugged in without permission, yes. Because here we don't take things that are not ours to take. 

As for the theft it's like shoplifting. If you steal for less than NOK 5000,- you get fined. If your theft is above NOK 5000,- you could face probational prison (that's prison outside a prison facility). We just had a profiled politician fined for stealing sunglasses in an airport shop...

Legislation attached.

1000031677.jpg