Evasive

Answered!

Evasive

Why are Airbnb so evasive? The so called support, stick to a script and will not transfer you to a manager, they won't give you the head office phone number nor its address. It cost me a lot of money speaking to their US support because the UK support is no support at all.

There was a simple solution to my issue which should have been suggested by their UK support but instead they caused my partner and myself days of stress and to the point of saying our holiday would be cancelled. Given the level of stress and upset they caused I simply want to contact their UK HQ to complain about the awful customer support.

Top Answer
Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @John6888 ,

I completely understand that you would like to provide some feedback for your experience, especially considering how unfortunate and stressful the situation was for you.

I had previously noticed that the issue had been resolved. But, I will also pass on your feedback to the related teams. Meanwhile, please feel free to add your feedback for the Airbnb team via the Feedback Form.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

View Top Answer in original post

5 Replies 5
Mike-And-Jane0
Top Contributor
England, United Kingdom

@John6888 Airbnb purposely don't have an escalation route so don't waste time trying to find it! Also the UK support is fine as long as you ring late in the day/early evening. That way you get through to Ireland or the USA anyway but don't pay a lot of money to do so.

Finally a lot of issues can be dealt with here by people giving advice as to how to handle a situation. Its usually quick and often effective making the conversation, if needed, with support more efficient.

Airbnb do gaslighting, do like they can’t read or understand. They really do not want to know about fraud by hosts, it’s too inconvenient and uncomfortable for them. Hence their own tactics of evasion 

Bhumika
Community Manager
Community Manager
Toronto, Canada

Hi @John6888 ,

I completely understand that you would like to provide some feedback for your experience, especially considering how unfortunate and stressful the situation was for you.

I had previously noticed that the issue had been resolved. But, I will also pass on your feedback to the related teams. Meanwhile, please feel free to add your feedback for the Airbnb team via the Feedback Form.

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Airbnb evasive reply to my questions regarding a Host who is so called verified but he initially used his brothers First name at least, not his own name. And now uses another first name not his own and not his brothers. Also on a booking he uses this latest alias and his second name as sir name. So I asked Airbnb if this is inline with their guidelines ? And who has the authority in Brazil to ask Airbnb about this identity fraud eg Lawyer, Judge? Firstly Airbnb redirected me through different stuff, I then get a message saying I can call them any time. I explained I am hearing impaired and to answer my questions via my email. Transparently unless that’s a problem?

Andrea6194
Level 2
Boston, MA

Ugh I've had HORRIBLE customer support. It's allllmost like they just don't care.