Experiences using Wheelhouse?

Andrea6232
Level 10
Bergamo, Italy

Experiences using Wheelhouse?

Buongiorno to all,

today Wheelhouse announced that they have an official Airbnb integration!

Apparently their service covers also Venice Italy where I have my unique listing.

I'm currently using Smart Pricing but wondering if it would be worth using Wheelhouse instead.

Do any of you have experience with Wheelhouse?

Or maybe do you suggest another external tool?

Thank you very much for your help

Andrea
https://airbnb.com/h/la-casa-sul-canale-con-piscina-jacuzzi-in-giardino

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Top Contributor
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi @Andrea6232 

I would suggest you ask this question on your local host group (on FB) so you can gain feedback from hosts in Italy about using Wheelhouse.

Ciao @Helen3 , I will do it but for sure I can find more experienced users here since I made a search on the Italian Community and I did not find anything ...

Pat271
Level 10
Greenville, SC

@Andrea6232 

I used Wheelhouse for a couple of years and liked it a lot. Then, one day, all my Airbnb listings got set to Instant Book. It turned out that Wheelhouse couldn’t use the Airbnb API anymore unless Instant Book was set. If it wasn’t set, the first interaction would turn it on. This was not acceptable to me, so I switched to Pricelabs.

I don’t know if Wheelhouse has been able to circumvent the automatic setting of Instant Book since I used it, so you might want to ask them about that. Just go to the Wheelhouse chat box - the agents there are very responsive and knowledgeable.

I’ve been using Priceline for over a year, and I like it A LOT. It is very feature-rich. It’s somewhat of a learning curve to understand all the different settings, but it’s very powerful once you get used to it.

One of my favorite features is the ability to set minimum stay settings for gaps. I have a 3-day minimum, but I sometimes get 2-day gaps, and I wanted the minimum to be set to 2 days on those gaps automatically. No problem with Pricelabs.

Thanks @Pat271 , I have Instant Book already so that should not be a problem. According to your experience did you prefer Wheelhouse or Pricelabs?

@Andrea6232  I’m not an expert on all the features of either platform, but in my experience, Wheelhouse is easier to set up and use for basic features, whereas Pricelabs is better for advanced features. The other Pricelabs selling point for me is that it  integrates with the Igms channel manager, which I use to coordinate the calendars across all the booking platforms that I use. 

Please keep in mind that I never set out to fully evaluate and compare both of these products, so my expertise is limited. There are reviewers online that specifically compare the features of the 2 products, although you have to be wary of bias you might find.

Simona939
Level 2
Lari, Italy

Ciao @Andrea6232, molto piacere!

Alla fine per quale tool hai optato? Hai trovato beneficio nell'utilizzo? Stavo pensando anche io di utilizzare uno tra PriceLabs e Wheelhouse ma non ho ancora trovato nessuno in Italia che ne parli.

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  

Hi @Andrea6232, much pleasure!

Which tool did you ultimately opt for? Did you find any benefit in using it? I was also thinking of using one of PriceLabs or Wheelhouse but I haven't found anyone in Italy talking about it yet.

Ciao @Simona939 , ti dico la verità, per ora non ne ho utilizzato nessuno, non sono convinto che per un solo annuncio ne valga la pena 😉

Google Translation added by Community Manager:  Hi @Simona939, I'll tell you the truth, I haven't used any of them for now, I'm not convinced that just one advert is worth it 😉