False accusation from guest

Michael7329
Level 2
New York, NY

False accusation from guest

Hello community. My Airbnb listing has been suspended with no explanation why with the exception there was a security concern. I finally got some info from an Airbnb member but he said he could not give me full picture since case was held by security. I’m going on day 4 of no information and the best thing is the person handling the case is out for another day. Here are the facts guest broke a bed and is claiming they did not and after we told them we are seeking damages after they left they made a false accusation. Why would Airbnb suspended a super host account without even talking to them first. This is obviously bs and guest is lying. Worst part is I can’t get anyone to help me. And while they take their time in responding I’m losing money. This policy must change!!! I plan on writing to chesky and Powell on this. Not a good look for air bnb

19 Replies 19
Suzanne125
Level 2
Wollstonecraft, Australia

Hi Bhumika

Thank you for your support.

It is now day 4 after my interrogation and I've still had no update or any idea of what I'm accused of. 

The outcome of this will be that I'll remove all optional services on my site, like the ability to leave luggage meaning guests get a lesser service. 

One bad apple and a very heavy handed approach from Airbnb has ruined it for everyone else in this usually very supportive community. 

Suzanne125
Level 2
Wollstonecraft, Australia

Hi Bhumika

After 4 days as suddenly as I was frozen, I was unfrozen, but still no idea what I'd been accused of.  The case manager was very heavy handed, even in the email telling me I'd been unfrozen. No acknowledgement of any inconvenience or even thanks for the assistance during my interrogation.

I want to email Michael Crosby, head of Policy ANZ, but she will not give me his email address, she is just ignoring my emails.  How do I find his email address? The only alternative, is for me to go to the office in Sydney in person and ask to see him. 

This policy of Guilty until proved Innocent has to stop.  

Thank you, 

Suzanne

Niqui6
Level 2
KwaZulu, South Africa

Hi @Bhumika, So this very same thing has just happened to me . Do you not have a team here in SA that could come and investigate these accusations in person .? 

This kind of slander can ruin people's livelihoods and seems very unfair that the guests receive more support from Airbnb than the host . .it should make sense that a host would do everything they can to ensure they have return customers, while the guest has nothing to loose yet gets preferential treatment . 

I have had a message recently from @Ash , she will be calling me tomorrow morning and I hope to resolve this issue quickly.  

Regards, 

Niqui 

Hi Suzanne @Suzanne125 , I have just had this very thing happen , the profile has been paused , after I gave a guest a very negative review because not only did they trash the place but they were also using drugs which I could smell , during and after they left . The unit was left like a gettho and at first she left me a 5 star review , then retracted it after she saw my review for her.  It's now a week later they are requesting a refund and airbnb have suspended my account that I cannot receive or make bookings . 

She accused me in the message section of having a hidden camera .. I didn't know what she was speaking about because the pictures were taken after they left. But now I see that this seems to be a tactic people use to get their own way and Airbnb takes a biased stance,  as mentioned guilty until proven innocent.  

Did you get this issue resolved .. and do you have any advice for me ? 

Looking forward to hearing from you.  

Kind regards, 

Your fellow airbnb host , 

Niqui 

@Michael7329. Just a thought. Were your external cameras professionally installed? If they were and the business is local, maybe get them to do a letter (here we can get statutory declarations done which carry the weight of law as you can be sued for false declarations) to say there are no inside cameras. I would pay to get this done and then put the cost back through Resolution Centre.

It might also hurry up Airbnb to decide in your favour as its costing you more not to be listed I suspect. In a he said she said situation that AIrbnb has inserted themselves try to give them an easy out 😉

And thanks for fighting the good fight on our behalf.