False promises on reimbursement

Answered!
Swati32
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

False promises on reimbursement

Hi,

After waiting for a year, I am writing here in this forum to seek any support or guidance on this issue.

On 3rd January 2023, I had to vacate my bnb as there was heating issues and the agent helping me with the move committed me the reimbursement of the taxi fare. A year has gone by and I am still waiting for the reimbursement of the 75 euro taxi fee that was promised to me on January 3rd 2023 by Thomas.

With this started a long journey of disappointments and false promises.

Every interaction  was initiated by me and not a single proactive support was initiated or provided by the customer support team.

1. I was told on 9th January by Anthony that the taxi bill has already been processed. I was asked to add a payout method on my account then I will receive the reimbursement for the taxi fare.
  2. It wasn't done and on Jan 11th I was again reassured that the money will be credited by Malyssia.
  3. Further follow-ups were done by me on throughout January and later and I was given multiple run-abouts.
    I was then redirected to an engineer to fix the issue in my account as the payout method solution provided earlier was not working
  4. I was then told I have to add an INR account and not Euro account for the payout, which I did. It still didn't work and I was moved to email support.
  5. In September I was told that the engineers acknowledge that this is a systems issue and they do not have any TAT for the solution.

I am now at the end of my tether and wondering if I should raise this issue with a consumer forum or any other related support group.

It is a matter of the money promised and also the time and frustration I experienced.

Best,

Swati

1 Best Answer

Hi Rebecca,

I reached out to them again when I posted this one and then after a melee of chats, re-explaining myself, I got a resolution of the amount being transferred to my bank account. 

Your system is broken.

1. I paid the amount in Euro to the taxi driver in Brussels
  2. I was denied the refund in Euro to my European bank account
  3. The reason sited- the initial booking was done in INR in India
  4. I waited for more than a year for this to be resolved
  5. I received the INR equivalent or so of the amount in my Indian bank account considering the exchange rate of January 23 not now
  6. So AirBnB thinks it is okay to keep frustrating the customer for more than a year and not reimburse in the currency she paid.

What appalls me is the lack of empathy or accountability on behalf of AirBnB for this harrowing experience. I only received templated chat responses to all my queries and saddest part is, they close the chats within a few mins of waiting for response and I ended up opening multiple requests for the same.

Lesson learnt, do not believe anything AirBnB says when it comes to money matters. And pray you never face an emergency situation like I did with an AirBnB host, which started all this.

View Best Answer in original post

2 Replies 2
Rebecca
Community Manager
Community Manager
Suffolk Coastal District, United Kingdom

Hey @Swati32

I'm really sorry to hear of your experiences. When was the last time you heard from customer service regarding this issue? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines

Hi Rebecca,

I reached out to them again when I posted this one and then after a melee of chats, re-explaining myself, I got a resolution of the amount being transferred to my bank account. 

Your system is broken.

1. I paid the amount in Euro to the taxi driver in Brussels
  2. I was denied the refund in Euro to my European bank account
  3. The reason sited- the initial booking was done in INR in India
  4. I waited for more than a year for this to be resolved
  5. I received the INR equivalent or so of the amount in my Indian bank account considering the exchange rate of January 23 not now
  6. So AirBnB thinks it is okay to keep frustrating the customer for more than a year and not reimburse in the currency she paid.

What appalls me is the lack of empathy or accountability on behalf of AirBnB for this harrowing experience. I only received templated chat responses to all my queries and saddest part is, they close the chats within a few mins of waiting for response and I ended up opening multiple requests for the same.

Lesson learnt, do not believe anything AirBnB says when it comes to money matters. And pray you never face an emergency situation like I did with an AirBnB host, which started all this.